_

_

Monday, 23 December 2013

Introductions!

I'm in the process of re-vamping my blog and am starting fresh.  First off, a few quick introductions are in order!  Currently I am owned by three horses and they will be the focus of my blog.



Apollo
Year Foaled: 1999
Breed: Clydesdale X Paint  (registered Pinto: Eternally Blue)
Height: 16.2hh
"Anniversary" Date: June 2007
Background:  I purchased Apollo as an 8 year old, recently gelded and started.  He is a very sensitive horse that has taught me a lot over the years.  He is generally a pretty "steady eddie" type but he can have moments of nervousness/insecurity as well.  He is a very special heart horse!
Goals:  Improving both of our confidence, feeling confident out on the trails and maybe heading to the mountains together some day.






Mystic
Year Foaled: 2012
Breed: Belgian X QH
Height: As of December 1st, 2013 she is just over 15hh.  According to the "string test" she will make 16hh even.
"Anniversary" Date: January 19, 2013
Background:  I adopted Mystic from the British Columbia Interior Horse Rescue Society.  It was love at first sight when I saw her photo.  I had been dreaming of a draft cross filly to be a companion to Apollo and a future riding horse.  She was orphaned at a month old and was lovingly cared for by a rescue volunteer named Susy.  She is a brave little girl and is pretty unflappable! 
Goals: I hope she will be a great lower level event horse and be a trail buddy.





Henry:
Year Foaled: 2012
Breed: Canadian Warmblood (registration pending)
Height: As of December 1, 2013 he is just under 14.3hh.  According to the "string test" he will end up between 16hh and 16.1hh.
"Anniversary" Date: December 20, 2013 (approx)
Background:  Henry was adopted from an organization in Ontario.  Unfortunately it came to my attention after he arrived that they did not have the best interests of the horses at heart (essentially they were brokering horses with meat dealer to make a profit for both of them).  Henry is the sweetest boy, it took him a while to trust people but now he absolutely loves being groomed.
Goals: We will see what he enjoys but I have some lower level dressage and possibly endurance/trail competitions in mind for Mr. Henry!




Me! (with Mr. Apollo):
Year Foaled: 1985
Breed: Unknown
Height: 6 feet tall
Background: I've been riding since age 7.  I have had some time off due to work and injuries over the years but horses have remained a great passion for me.  I married the love of my life in May 2014 and he is a wonderful horse husband :)
Goals:  My goals include competing in dressage, trail and eventing.  I would also like to ride in the mountains.  I intend to use this blog as a training journal, as well as just a scrapbook of life events.
 



2 comments: