_

_

Friday, 7 February 2014

Day 7!

Date of Ride: February 7, 2014


Length of Ride: Well... about 2 minutes!


Location of Ride:  Arena

Notes on Ride:  My "ride" barely counted today but I am pretty over the moon.  I put the bareback pad on and was trying to wait out the sprinklers (they were still dripping and drizzling).  Apollo is not a water man at all.... I saw that ending badly. 

They were still dripping a little when I hopped on.  And here is what I'm so happy about - he stood like an absolute ROCK.  He didn't move a muscle.  I was so proud!  He can be impatient at the mounting block (totally my fault for not spending more time on it).  Some of the sprinklers started dripping more and I decided to hugely praise him and hop off!

He seemed a little sluggish today.  I think maybe he was a little too warm in his coat or maybe a little stiff.  I will see how he feels tomorrow and go from there.  I had planned a massage with Kathy around the 17th but maybe he needs a tune-up a little sooner. 

I had a pretty emotionally frazzling roller coaster of a day.  I was proud of myself for getting out there and sitting on him.  I hope he enjoys a bit of a "night off" and is feeling 100% tomorrow.

Notes for Next time:  I need to find out when my next farrier appt is.  I've noticed Apollo has a few cracks and I wonder if there's something I can do to help that.

 Sadly I have no cute horsey photos to share today :(

No comments:

Post a Comment