_

_

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Potpourri Post

Lots of little things to mention today - so it's kind of a potpourri post!

Tomorrow is the big day for Henry's move back to my other barn.  It will be nice to have all the horses together again!  Too be honest, it's a little bittersweet to be leaving.  There is a nice crew of people at this barn.  But it's better to summer him at my other barn (more room and more green grass!) and he needs to be part of our wedding photos - he's family! 

I took a few photos of him on Friday night last week. 

Look at these adorable huge ears!:
  Helper dog:
 Snackin':

Confused by Molly's digging:

I'm sure all will go well tomorrow with the move, he is such a good boy!  He's come such a long way since December 2012.  I was reflecting on that as I took these pictures.  I remember how long Todd and I spent even trying to touch him (it took a month to get a halter on him!).  He was so scared and now he is much braver.  He has really blossomed into a quiet mellow kind of guy.  While he was snacking all of the other horses started galloping around.  He pricked his ears and looked over but didn't move a muscle.  He was enjoying his snack too much!

I got some pretty cool mail today - Mystic's 2nd place ribbon for our practical horsemanship class!  I haven't won a ribbon in a lot of years so I'm pretty pumped.  I'm hoping to get a picture of her wearing it tomorrow to share with her rescue.  She is such a bold horse, I'm having a hard time being patient about starting her! :)  My farrier suggested I bring her to a groundwork clinic at the end of August.  I'm seriously considering it.  I feel like Mystic wants a job!

I've been doing some more research on joint supplements for Apollo.  I've found a few that will work with his potentially IR status and contain more natural ingredients.  My big issue is that I'm worried I won't be able to administer them daily and at the same time.  It's kind of a big waste of money if he isn't getting a consistent dose.  With my current schedule it's pretty much impossible, hopefully things will lighten up as the summer rolls around.

I have been feeling very happy lately.  My new job has eased a lot of the financial stress that was consuming my thoughts.  Now I can look forward to things without panicking about money! This isn't exactly horse-related.  But after hearing the stories of sick/abused children and having financial struggles the last few years - I am an absolute pro at not sweating the small stuff.  It's been an interesting few years for sure!  I wish I could spend more time enjoying my happy state but I am still working a ton (I didn't expect to have a full-time position so quickly so I had committed to a lot of hours at my other part-time jobs).  I do need to scale back on my part-time jobs in a big way.  It's hard to do when I still have some debts to pay and some things I want to save for - but I'm working on it!

I have to organize some filming dates for Apollo's practical horsemanship test and dressage test (eek!).  I have two new green saddle pads for him, which will look lovely for our test. 

My pup Toby has been very sick and I've had an awful cold myself.  This is my desk at work:
A wide variety of medicine, caffeine and kleenex!  I'm feeling much better today and am so grateful that I won't be feeling like a zombie for Henry's big move tomorrow.  Now that I am on the mend I am really want to focus on my health (financially and physically).  I had a hare-brained idea to teach a fitness class geared at equestrians and I need to work up to a level three pilates instructor level to sign up for the very cool "Equilates" course. 

So much exciting stuff happening!  I plan to take a lot of pictures and hopefully some videos of Henry's reunion with the herd tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment