_

_

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Horse Wedding Photo Inspiration! 16 days to go!

I can't believe the big day is going to be here to quickly! May 16th is just around the corner :)

I still have a lot to do.  But mostly I can't stop thinking about all the fun horsey photos my fiance and I will have with the herd (much to my mother's chagrin!).

Here are a few photo inspiration ideas I like:




 (I'm going to do this exact shot but have "Just" and "Married" signs on the horse's bums!)











I'm still hoping to purchase an "off the rack" wedding dress so I can sit on Apollo for some photos, right now I don't think my current dress me will along me to swing my leg over!

I can't decide if I want the horses to wear plain leather halters (as shown in most of the photos) or if I want to buy cheap halters and hot glue some fake flowers onto them.  I can't make up my mind if that's tacky or not. 

I also thought of doing something with Mystic super long mane, like this:



And maybe something like this for the tails:



Henry is for sure wearing a flower wreath.... he actually looks like the first horse!:







I'm a little afraid to go too overboard and end up with this:


 Here's my horse to-do list before the wedding:
- Trim Apollo's mane
- Trim Apollo's feathers
- Trim Apollo's beard
- Bathe all horses
- Trim Mystic's beard
- Practice braiding and wearing wreaths etc

Any special grooming tips from anyone?  I haven't shown in ages and don't know what products are out there for extra spiffy occasions!

2 comments:

  1. I'd go with just plain leather halters. You don't want to go overboard with flowers in manes/tails AND flowers on halters...otherwise you might end up like the last pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish my horse (s) were in my pictures!! They are in our family pictures every year though so thats fun :)

    I am a big fan of Vetrolyn and all their products :) Good grooming and curing can do wonders as well :)

    ReplyDelete