_

_

Monday, 23 June 2014

To Show or Not To Show

One of my friends from the barn is attending a show that is mid-August and about a 10 minute trailer ride from our barn.  It’s a very relaxed/fun event according to her.  I’ve been dying to do something like this with Apollo.  But I’m on the fence...because I’m a big baby.

Pros: 
- Could be fun
- Might get a ribbon
- Would be good experience for Apollo & I

Cons: 
- I should saving $$, not spending $$
- I am already nervous about it and it's two months away
- I’m a little uneasy about the biosecurity risk in showing with a bunch of strange horses

I think I will try to discuss it more with my friend and make an official decision by mid-July.   There are some walk-trot classes, cross rail and dressage tests that sound like they would suit my wimpy-ness.  I might even just do a dressage test as Apollo isn’t a very friendly arena sharer.  I’ll be riding the interdressage dressage test with him in July so I’ll have some good practice in.

 
In other news I am finally finishing up at my part-time job that I quit two weeks ago.  When that is actually done I will be so relieved.  I will miss the extra income but I’d rather pick up extra hours elsewhere.  I have a final meeting on Thursday and then I’m freeeeeee.  I was camping all weekend and now my house is in desperate need of a tidy, I’m not sure how much barn time I’ll have this week.  I also still have to finish about a million thank you cards for our wedding guests.   And it’s my husband’s b-day on the 30th....need to plan something special for him.

What a week!!!

Here is me and my cute pup out camping (I am drinking a delightful Mike's Hard Lemonade):


“Don’t die with your music still inside you. Listen to your intuitive inner voice and find what passion stirs your soul. Listen to that inner voice, and don’t get to the end of your life and say, ‘What if my whole life has been wrong?” Wayne Dyer

(sometimes I remember my whole ending entries with a quote idea......)

2 comments:

  1. Do it! I'm sure you can find a class or two that you feel comfortable doing with Apollo. It sounds like a good oppertunity for getting comfortable with showing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of encouragement! :)

      Delete