_

_

Thursday, 19 June 2014

Workin' On My Fitness

This morning I had my first workout with a personal trainer!  I work part-time at a gym so I get a very discounted rate for training and free use of the facilities whenever I want.  I really haven’t been taking advantage of this lately and I’m determined to get into better shape, for my horses and myself. 

I have scoliosis (mild) and a generally screwed up back after a car accident in 2009.  My core is weak and I’ve put on about 10/15 pounds thorough out the stressful wedding planning process.  I weighed in today at 147.6lbs and hope to get down to 137lbs (preferably less but 137 is a good starting goal).  I’ve been using www.myfitnesspal.com to track my food and exercise.  When I start my young horses I want to be in the best shape of my life.

I’ve been in kind of an exercise slump in the last year.  My horsetime and dog walking have been all the exercise I’ve gotten.  I miss running, hiking, kayaking, and swimming (all of which I used to do often before I was bitten by the laziness bug).  They were such a great complement to my riding routine.  I’m determined to get back into a fitness groove - I even signed up for a 5km road race on July 6! 

P.S. Look what I got last night!  Mine is the one on the right (aptly named Pinky).  

2 comments:

  1. I really need to shed a few lbs too. I'm just struggling to find time, between working and riding and trying to have a tiny semblance of a social life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to balance it all. I ended up in kind of a lazy slump and have been having a heck of a time getting moving again!

      Delete