_

_

Saturday, 26 July 2014

Horse Books

I had date night with my husband last night.  We had a tasty dinner (OM NOM NOM PASTA) and went to a used book store afterwards. 

I bought this book:


And this book:




I started reading Saddled last night and couldn't put it down.  It's quite sad/interesting so far.  I've been meaning to read The Eighty Dollar Champion for quite a while so I was happy to find a copy for five bucks!  Any horse book recommendations from my fellow bloggers?

In horse news....
I've had a wonderful couple of rides on my big guy.  They weren't super productive but they were quite fun!  We've been bareback for three days now as I'm waiting for that bug bite/girth spot to heal up.

Mr. Henry keeps beating himself up and has yet another injury on his face.  They are all fairly minor but there seems to be a new one each time I go out there.  I don't know how to teach him to be careful with his own head!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 


Edited to add: A bit of happy news, I'm happy to report I was able to lose a couple of pounds over the last few weeks.  Now sitting at 144.6 :)  Haven't been there in a while!

7 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Eighty Dollar Champion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look great, love a good horse book. Although I haven't read many since I was a kid...I totally need to update my book collection with some adult literature. Am looking forward to hearing recommendations too ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The Eighty Dollar Champion!! I read it last year and it was great! I'll have to check out Saddled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read The Eighty Dollar Champion! I hope it's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Eighty Dollar Champion last year, it's a great read with lots of cool old time pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I saw your post on Horsetopia about looking for places in Europe to go, so thought I'd share my travel site....might give you some ideas. I LOVE Scotland (got married there) so it's always my top recommendation. Turkey was awesome as well! www.shadowlark.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the A Circuit by Georgina Bloomberg and Bittersweet Farm by Barbara Morganstern... but they are kind of young adult-ish, haha

    ReplyDelete