_

_

Thursday, 10 July 2014

Predictable



I zipped out to the barn between jobs today.  Unfortunately I forgot my boots so I decided to ride Apollo in the bareback pad with my sneakers on.  It was such a good ride and really got me thinking about how I need to start mixing it up.  I would do an exercise one way and he would be anticipating doing the same exercise the other way before I could even get all my ducks in a row (10, 15, 20 meter circles, shoulder-in etc).  Clearly I am a very predictable rider!  (read: probably boring)

I also noticed a big mistake I have been making.  He is stiff to the right and I find myself fiddling around with him and losing forward momentum…when forward momentum is just we need to straighten out!    

I will be googling exercise ideas for Apollo and I for homework.  But I’m open to suggestions as well!  We really need to work on collection and rhythm if we’re going to be riding a dressage test in a month….eek.   I’m working on my RtR blog hop, just waiting on a few photos to get scanned in.

Anyway here are a few weird photos from tonight, followed by a few fairly recent shots of the babies.

Best view in the world... :)


 Those ears are saying: "WTF Mom." My horse is a saint.

Mystic and her donkey friends Dennis and Alistar
 
Henry hogging the horse selfie
 

Princess Mystic eating dinner

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Nice shoe to mane color coordination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice that, but I do see it now haha :)

      Delete
  2. Henry hogging the selfie is so cute! I agree on the color coordination with mane and shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes the weirdest expression in pictures....and always has to be in the middle! :)

      Delete
  3. Hah, I was gonna compliment your matching shoes and mane! I like the new look of the blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just wanted to mix things up a bit :)

      Delete