_

_

Saturday, 5 July 2014

Sad Panda

First off, I have to correct my horse height measurements for my young horses:

When my barn owner saw me fiddling with my weight/height tape today he gave me his stick to measure the babies a bit more accurately.  I measured Apollo with my tape as a control (I know he is 16.2hh 1/2 by multiple sticks.  I refer to him as 16.3hh a lot but I am rounding up a bit!  I measured him at 17.2hh with the way I usually use the tape and with the stick he was 16.2hh and a bit.

So....

Corrected heights for my two young monkeys:
Mystic: Just over 15hh (almost 15.1hh)
Henry: 14.3hh
Not way off but definitely not as accurate as I would have liked.  Oh well!  Now I know.

I had a very stressful day on Friday.  I made some mistakes at my job and I got into trouble.  I am not happy at my job but that isn't an excuse to perform so poorly.  I seem to have no energy and can't seem to wake up in the mornings.  I really need to smarten up and get myself into gear.  I don't know why I'm in such a funk.

Sigh. Please send me some hugs.



Anyway...enough moping!  I'm hoping to get a ride in tomorrow and get some cleaning/organizing done.  Oh and herd pictures with a real (read: non-phone) photos!

8 comments:

  1. I hope everything improves soon - work stress sucks! If you're happy in the rest of you're life, you need a new job that makes you happy too :) I
    I've tried those weight/height tapes and my horses always end up shorter somehow - I was shocked when I measured Ginger with a stick and 15.1hh was actually 15.3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm hoping my little ones make it to 16hh...I'm going to redo my string test I think.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about the work problems. It's not easy to get into work when you aren't happy with your job. I hope you can find something you like better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, I've been shopping but there isn't much out there in my field right now. Soon I hope :)

      Delete