_

_

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Barn Slob Makeover

I am a barn slob.  I know it and I'm working on it!  I gave my locker and area a bit of a tidy this week. 



A girl moved from my barn and a bunch of the stuff that I hang on the doors (that are always left open) was thrown inside my locker in order to make more room to get her giant locker out.   I hang up my saddle pad and bareback pads on the doors so having them throw in (with a few other things added extra mess!). All the boarders have our own lockers and they are stored in an empty stall. Since I still share the area with another boarder I figured cleaning up my pig pen would be courteous.

Here goes the makeover:


Before (that cup and some of the garbage isn't mine! But still *embarrassed*)

After (much better, with my emergency contact sheet displayed)

Before (side view of the top..*cringe*)

After (side view of the top again...much better!)

The area behind my locker before (didn't think to take a picture until I was already going through the tote, normally all that stuff is crammed inside the tote!)
 
The area behind my locker after (huge improvement)

My wall rack before (multiple halters and leadropes that are never used and two ripped fly masks)

My wall rack after (neat & tidy!)


As a reward for all my hard work I bought myself a very stylish Centaur matching helmet and boot bag (both in the purple circles):

Next cleaning task...my car....! :)

18 comments:

  1. You're inspiring me, our basement has a ton of tack I need to sort through! I love the bags, by the way - the purple is so cute. I'm pretty sure Ginger has a centaur blanket in the exact same brown plaid - good to know I could match her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a lot of horsey stuff in my spare room...maybe next week :)

      Delete
  2. Love your reward scheme! My lockers need serious tidying...Good idea for my long weekend task - along with tack cleaning.
    Thanks for the inspiration & I love the helmet and boot bags. Purple is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta trick myself into being productive somehow :p haha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really liking them so far :)

      Delete
  4. Organizing my tack area always makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did the trick for me! Mr. Apollo is NQR so it gave me something to do

      Delete
  5. My tack area is always tidy but my car is a total disaster. You can come do mine next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right after mine! It looks like a hobo lives in my car!

      Delete
  6. My whole life feels like a bit of a disaster that I am piecing back together, kudos to you on tidying up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One piece at a time! I've been working like a crazy woman...so finally getting things a bit organized feels wonderful.

      Delete
  7. It looks great all cleaned up :) Urghhhhh I dread cleaning my car out. It's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I am planning to start chipping away at my car mess tomorrow

      Delete
  8. I'm horrible with keeping the tack area organized too. Maybe the years spent having to keep it perfect made me not care anymore :) Love the helmet and boot bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mess usually stays in my house but it has begun to travel elsewhere so I had to nip it in the bud! :)

      Delete
  9. Good job! Love the reward system. Must get myself something nice next time I deserve it. Hmmm, that may be a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I deserve a reward for just getting out of bed and going to work some days...you are due for a reward I bet! :)

      Delete