_

_

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Henry = Weirdo

I cannot wrap my mind around this horse!  My draft crosses certainly have their own personalities but are basically food-loving and straight forward.  Mr. Henry is totally different from other horses I've owned.

Here are a few of Henry’s quirks that are strange to me in a series of non-related memes because I'm bored and it's too hot to ride right now.

He is not really interested in eating.  For example I put him in a catch pen with two flakes of hay while I was waiting for my farrier and he layed down and used the flakes of hay as a pillow.  





I swear he is passive aggressive.  Lately he’s been funny about picking up his hooves for me.  He will tilt his leg forward so his heel is lifted and all his weight in on the toe.  And just look at me.   He’s been foot broke for a year and half.  Now he’s decided it’s BS.


He is a princess about wearing a slightly over-sized halter.  When I head out into the field I bring Apollo’s rope halter.  It’s huge but I know whichever horse I encounter first it will fit.  Henry cannot handle the only slightly too large halter.  He sneezes, cough and wiggles his head. 



 He is incredibly clumsy and is not very careful with his own head.  He was pawing in his grain the other day and actually tripped on it and fell over.  He also seems to have a new scratch on his head every time I see him.

He’s a little bit weird, but so am I! At least we have each other. <3

 Last summer meeting my aunt


Anyone else deal with some unusual equine behaviour?

6 comments:

  1. He sounds so funny, love hearing about horses quirks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such an odd guy, part of his charm I guess!

      Delete
  2. Cash spooked himself with his own fart last week. True story! Let one rip and then jumped around in a tizzy to see what it was. It was funny but at the same time ... really?! Yer THAT jumpy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no haha! Apollo has scared himself a few times with those!

      Delete
  3. Jazz likes to pick up rocks off the gravel road in her mouth and play with them. She clearly isn't trying to eat them, and she's done it enough that she clearly understands what they are, but she picks one up every so often and tosses it around in her mouth and plays with it for a few minutes before spitting it out like she thinks rocks = horse gum or something. Silly horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting! I've never heard of that before. Horse gum indeed! :)

      Delete