_

_

Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Weird Week

We are having some seriously crazy weather here right now!  It went from 20 degrees on Sunday at the dressage show to 0 in two days.  Brr!  All the snow and wind have taken down lots of trees near me also.  My little car had a foot of snow on it this morning...gross!



My husband is in Columbia for work and since he's been gone our furnace broke.  Our house hasn't been too cold so far, which is a blessing.  I don't really trust myself to tinker with the furnace (that's his department...I'm too afraid to burn my eyebrows off).  I was kind of enjoying the "adventure" of the snow storm.  It does have a few perks.  1) The dog park is empty.  2) Picking up dog poop in snow is much easier/tidier.  3) Work is quieter.

But I got some bad news today.  My barefoot trimming course has been cancelled (too much snow at the facility and currently no power).  I'm pretty bummed out but I'm hoping I can be squeezed in for the October session.  I'm having major horse withdrawn right now.  The driveway at my barn can be a bit treacherous and I don't have my winter tires on yet so I haven't been able to visit my herd since Saturday.  Since I have nothing new on the horse front I will just share some weird (and sometimes borderline creepy) snow-related memes I found.















Well then....I hope to have something horsey to say soon! :)

10 comments:

  1. This post is actually kind of making me miss snow.... I don't get to be in it often. Stay warm in the crazy weather and I hope your furnace gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crazy J, I HATE snow...Eurgh no bueno. Me no likey cold

      In saying that I lol'd at the snowman post box - So cool (no pun intended)

      Delete
  2. omg noooo it's too early!! so bummed you're already getting snowed in :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe love the two with the cats. Crazy snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 29F for us tonight, with snow, then right back to 70!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that on FB with my friends out in Calgary. You guys can keep it. After last winter I think I'd seriously consider moving if we got snow in September!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you have snow already! That stinks. Love your pictures though. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures! Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete