_

_

Thursday, 30 October 2014

My 29th Bday & November Goals

I celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday!  I was treated to dessert by my best friend the night before and my coworkers got me a special cake made.  My husband spoiled me with flowers at work, a dairy queen cake when I got home (yum) and a dinner out.  He gave me my new iPhone a few weeks ago as an early bday present also.  We went out and fed Henry before dinner which was nice because he hasn't seen him in a while.  It was a perfect birthday!

The sign for my bday cake at work.


I'm feeling pretty darn lucky to have such a wonderful husband and great horses (and cats, dogs, rabbit too!).  My 28th year was definitely eventful - I got married, adjusted to life with three horses instead of two (you have no money and you are very busy is the crux of it), and I made some big decisions career-wise.  So far year 29 is off to a great start. :)

I didn't make any October goals but I do have a few in mind for November.  It's difficult to make goals for Apollo as he's not quite 100% at this time.  I hope he is sound enough for a brief walking ride so I can get a final time for twopointober tomorrow, we'll see!

November Goals
1) Find a job for Mystic. 
2) Figure out a herd routine.  Actually probably just a general routine for my life would be good.
3) Book dressage lessons.
4) Start saving for Back on Track stuff.

Just a quick note on #3.  I asked my boss at the dressage barn I work at to give me and Apollo some lessons.  This is kind of huge for me because we're not very dressagey and I felt a bit intimidated.  But she was super excited and as soon as Apollo is sound we're going to make a plan!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Oh to be 29 again!
    What a great hubby! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo Happy Birthday!
    So many awesome fellow October babies, sounds like a fantastic birthday with great november goals. Have a blast with your lessons ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like great goals, happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday (and love that card lol)!!! and that's exciting about the dressage lessons - we're not very 'dressagey' either, but it's really so beneficial and can improve everything else (like jumping and fitness) exponentially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. And enjoy the dressage lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Hope you enjoy this year and have a wonderful time. The goals sound doable, enjoy your lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday. Love the cake sign! So nice of the folks of work to remember both your bday and your love of horses. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! I hope that you enjoy the dressage lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Birthday! Cheers to a rockin year!

    ReplyDelete