_

_

Thursday, 16 October 2014

Thankful & TBT

I had a great thanksgiving weekend!  I spent lots of time with family and had some pony time as well, which was awesome.  I worked on twopointober on Monday and increased my time to 2mins5seconds40milliseconds.  I will keep chipping away at that.  My goal is to get to 5 minutes by month end.  Work has been nuts and I haven’t been able to read/write/comment as much as usual...hopefully that changes soon

I had a lesson last Wednesday (on Apollo!  With my new instructor!).  I was so proud of him.  There was lots of horses in the arena and some farm equipment moving stuff outside of the arena walls.  He was a perfect gentleman, even though his pilot was a bit of a nervous wreck.  He was a little tender after his trim on the weekend and I didn’t expect to do more than walk.  But we did a full w-t-c and some leg yielding.  We also trotted over some poles....



Afterwards my lesson buddy, N, and I went for a ride around the hay field afterwards to cool our horses down.  She is very nice and is quite mature for a teenager.  She’s only been riding for under two years and really has an excellent seat and soft hands.  It was so nice to have a friend to chat with. 
Apollo has become a furry beast and I’ve pretty much decided to do a low trace clip on him this winter.  It took me an hour to blow dry him!  I had a new equine bodyworker check him out on Saturday and he was out in his pelvis/hip area.  I have some stretches I will be starting with him and hopefully we both start to feel straighter!

 
I had a lesson again yesterday and Apollo was a bit off ("sticky" on his right hind).  My instructor was kind enough to take a video for me of his "offness" so I could share it with my bodyworker friend and his chiropractor.  I stopped riding after we got this video and gave him a shot of bute.  I am likely going to buy him a Back on Track blanket as I think he was a bit stiff due to the cold snap.

Here's the ouchy video:
Video of ouchyness

As a side note, I haven't seen myself ride in a million years and it wasn't as ugly as I was expecting.  It's not perfect but it's not horrible. 

And this is our TBT (from 2007!)






8 comments:

  1. What a nice arena you ride in! (Also you're a lovely rider :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thank you. I still feel really embarrassed to share photos/videos of my riding. That means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you got settled in. Great tbt picture! Such a handsome Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad things seem to be working out! tho sorry apollo is ouchie - hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I miss riding the big lug!

      Delete
  4. You look very nice riding! I hope that Apollo gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you very much. :) He's improving but still not quite right, which is frustrating.

      Delete