_

_

Sunday, 11 January 2015

Let it Be


 "How wild it was, to let it be."  Cheryl Strayed (author of Wild)


I have a confession to make, letting go of my eventing plans for the summer has actually made me happier. I admittedly spent the first few days post-decision in a grump.  However, this last week I have had more fun than I've had a while.

All the pressure I was putting on myself about show season (I have to ride "x" times a week and ARG my horse isn't sound) has been lifted.  I have been enjoying my time at the barn again.  Heck I'm even enjoying my time away from the barn more!

I found time to see the Wild movie with one of my closest friends.  I've been struggling to carve time out for that for quite a while!

Reading Wild in bed with my pup.

My herd is doing really well.  I will be happy to have them in one place again soon!  I've been making some new plans for the summer with them.

I'm taking a "Learn to Drive" clinic at the end of the month and am doing a "Stretch, Strength and Posture" clinic in April.  I've left the dressage show in August on my yearly events tab for the time being.  I'm hoping to convince my instructor from the dressage barn come out and teach Apollo and I when he's 100%.  So we might still get out to a show yet, I will play it by ear :)

Apollo's warmest winter blanket isn't fitting him very well so I decided to pick up a new one.  I will remove the hood when he's actually going to wear it.  It's too warm for right now!



He is so bundled...I think he felt like this:



Mystic was given some new pink boots from a friend.  She thought they were pretty weird.


14 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to see that movie too.

    I think once you take the pressure off yourself you tend to be happier. Things will come when they come and everything will fall into place. Relax and enjoy your horses and have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's enjoyable, some parts are a bit hard to watch (drug use etc).

      Yes I am definitely happier with less pressure :)

      Delete
  2. Love Wild the movie and loved the book even more (I've read it twice) but must give horse lovers a warning about the chapter about the mom's horse. It is heartwrenching to the extreme. I was sobbing which was not great since I was on holidays with my husband and he wanted to go for dinner and I was a complete wreck! Wonderful book tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed both also! Yeah they should have put a warning on that one chapter :(

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way once I cancelled my original show plans last year. Sometimes we just put too much pressure on ourselves for no reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to do that to myself for some reason... :(

      Delete
  5. haha Mystic is such a cutie!! and you know it's a good decision when you feel relieved afterward - redirecting is certainly not always a bad thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horses are meant to be fun - sometimes we all have to take a step back to look at the bigger picture and rediscover the joy when we take the pressures off ourselves. I am glad you are feeling better and things are looking up :)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I've been telling myself...it's supposed to be fun! :)

      Delete
  7. Oooh, I so very much want to read that book!

    ReplyDelete