_

_

Saturday, 31 January 2015

Mare-a-thon

I spent most of my evening on Wednesday night with Mystic.  It was awesome.  I cannot wait to ride this sassy mare! :)

My baby giraffe




She had a pine tree and a tumbleweed in her tail....




Dat tail in action

A few shots of her loose in the arena 






HI MOM


She is 15.3hh now!  (I'm 6 feet tall for comparison)  Does she look tall enough for me??


This is us in January of 2013!  <3  Two years together!


I'm at home today instead of at the Learn to Drive Clinic because there was/is a crazy snowstorm with almost zero visibility on the highway I need to drive on to get out to the clinic.  I'm really disappointed to miss it :(  But the clinic organizer was very understanding (there were some other people who had to cancel as well).  I will be on the list for the next one, whenever that is!

18 comments:

  1. What a cutie! She'll probably be a big girl. My Warmblood mare was 16hh at 2 years old and she topped out at 17hh. Sorry you had to miss your clinic, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that string test and she is supposed to be 16hh but if she was bigger I'd be happy! :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable!
    Sorry to hear you didn't get to go to the clinic - hopefully the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they schedule the next one soon, I was really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Love all the photos! Sorry about driving clinic. Next time definitely. Looks like a brand new tail too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes brand new tail indeed :)

      Delete
  4. She's getting big. I think you could certainly ride her. My daughter feels the same way you do (she's 5'10) and always tried to ride bigger horses. But she recently went to Iceland and rode the ponies there and it was all fine. Sorry you missed the clinic but there's always next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iceland would be amazing!
      One of my lesson horses was 15.1hh and I didn't feel huge so I think I will feel OK on Mystic. I'm used to my big clydey guy!

      Delete
  5. She's so pretty. I love her big blaze too :) For sure she will be big enough for you. For reference, Ginger is 15.3 and probably a similar build, and the trainer who was riding her was your height and looked perfect on her! I bet Mystic will grow much bigger tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she is! I would feel weird if my legs were weirdly daggling below her belly haha

      Delete
  6. she is pretty. How old is she now? If she's 3 this year I would start her backing. And no, I don't think that you are too tall for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be 3 in April! Thanks I hope so :)

      Delete
  7. Very cute! That is too bad about the driving clinic getting cancelled. Stupid winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been having very bad luck with clinics in the last year! Hopefully I can do it soon :)

      Delete
  8. her tail is beautiful!!! what a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a babe, sorry that you had to miss the clinic. Hopefully next time ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job on her tail!

    ReplyDelete