_

_

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Mountains Beyond Mountains

First off - I’m finally feeling better! Woo!



There are some big changes for my herd coming up soon and some small changes on the blog. 
Mystic and Apollo move “home” on February 4.  Of course it’s a bit bittersweet but honestly I think it will make my life easier.  The only thing I don’t really like it that they are all in one gigantic field together so I feel guilty when they all head over and I only catch one.  But if that’s my biggest problem I think I can handle it.  

My whole herd is booked for an appointment with the bodyworker (who I love) on February 8th and I’m really looking forward to that.  I also have my Learn to Drive Clinic happening on Saturday.

As for the small blogs changes... Starting next week I will be occasionally writing about my rabbits on Mondays.  Monday Bunday!  I likely won’t do it every week but I’m finding they aren’t getting a lot of attention lately and I want to re-focus on them and spend more time with them.  

I really enjoyed reading recent posts from Lauren and Carly about how they manage horse-related expenses with their significant others and I’m working on a post of my own.  I'm catching up on a few blogs today and I'm sure there will be additional financial-related posts for me to check out also.  In happy financial news I have noticed that acreage prices in my area have been slowly decreasing due to recent events in the oilfield.  It would be amazing if 2016 could involve an acreage move for my little family.  

I was so happy to see Ginger looking lovely in her halter from my blog contest, that put a big smile on my face!  Check her out here.  :)

Here's a few random herd pictures from the weekend:

Handsome Mr. A 



Molly exhausted after a barn visit
  


Cute Henry




 Henry and his donkey homies




14 comments:

  1. Um...I have major paint envy and I want to steal Apollo! Excited to start following your blog, I may have to do Monday Bunday with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! He takes a pretty good picture :)

      Delete
  2. Love your super positive post and eagerly awaiting Monday Bunday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The buns are excited too :)

      Delete
  3. Monday Bunday sounds fab & the horses look great ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading about the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are excited to be blog famous :P

      Delete
  5. good luck with the move!! and yay bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait for Monday Bunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Winter blanket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, it's a weatherbeata :)

      Delete