_

_

Monday, 19 January 2015

Under the Weather

For the last week I’ve been fighting a cold/flu bug that is absolutely awful.  It got worse on the weekend and I ended up lying on the couch woefully looking at photos of my horses on my phone for almost 100% of the time.  




Now that I’m feeling a little bit better but I feel so behind on everything.  The house is a mess.  I haven’t seen the horses in days.  My new 2015 fitness plan evaporated.  Ugh.  Probably time to drink a huge cup of coffee and stop whining.

In less than two weeks Apollo & Mystic move back to their previous home.  I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.  It will be nice to have the herd together and much closer to home.  It’s also less expensive.  I just can’t really shake feeling like a quitter.  

I'm hoping to get caught up on my reading other blogs tonight and hope to have some updates on my herd soon :)

18 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're over thinking everything. Just do what feels right for you and the herd at this point and stop worrying about it. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm definitely an overthinker!

      Delete
  2. Sorry for an unpleasant week. Everything is terrible or not worth dealing with when you feel like you're running on empty. At least you got yo take it easy for a bit and hopefully recover.

    Don't feel like a quitter, consider it restrategizing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems everyone I know was sick this month - sorry that it caught you too. Do what is right for you right now.. and try not to be too hard on yourself!! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't been sick like that in years....and hope to never be again. :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon! Also I agree with everyone else, don't be so hard on yourself! It sounds like you've made some smart decisions and I'm sure that will still lead to great things, just maybe not exactly the way you first planned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had such big plans, it's been a struggle to let them go but I try to think that everything happens for a reason. ;)

      Delete
  5. Hope you are on the road to recovery. Don't be beating yourself up you are doing what's best for you and the horses - that's all any owner/rider can do. Apollo will heal up and you'll have saved some monies having them all together and you can always move again if/when the time is right.
    *hugs* & I hope you feel better asap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will feel so much better when Apollo is 100%

      Delete
  6. Hoping you feel better asap. Being sick sucks and, for me anyway, all that time to myself gives me way too much opportunity to ruminate over shortcomings, both real and imagined. Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take a deep breath and start fresh tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there, being sick makes everything look more bleak than it really is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah things were definitely feeling a bit bleak. But now that I'm feeling better things are looking brighter :)

      Delete
  9. glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete