This barn feels a lot more like home to me. I took my wedding pictures there for goodness sakes! It is so nice to know where everything is. And there is something to be said for the peace and quiet at a smaller facility. It isn't perfect (or I wouldn't have left in the first place) but man I am glad to be back.
Also on Wednesday the herd got their hooves trimmed. Henry was a bit of a brat but Mystic and Apollo were very well-behaved. After Mystic and Apollo were finished their pedicures they both hopped on the trailer like rockstars. I have owned a difficult loader in the past and I am over the moon that my current herd loads so well *knock on wood*.
Mystic having a beet pulp snack while she waits for the trailer to come
Henry looking cute
I totally forgot to recap on my January goals so here goes:
3) Lose two pounds. Okay, I have to give myself huge kudos this month. I was sick for 75% of January. And I managed to lose one pound, which I am very proud of. I can never remember if you starve a fever and feed a cold or feed a fever and starve a cold. So I just stuff my face. I got back on track during the last week of January and am really ecstatic that the scaled moved a bit for me. Sitting at 145.4lbs now!
4) Get Apollo a shoulder relief girth (with sheep skin). Continue savings for BOT products with hopes to purchase in early February. Still working on BOT savings. I’m going to see which products the bodyworker thinks would help Apollo the most when she sees him on the 8th. And as for the shoulder relief girth...we're making some huge changes in the saddle department, soon to be discussed.
1) Develop new horse/life schedule.
2) Get into the 143s (so lose at least 1.5lbs).
3) Sign up for a 5km race in March.
4) Work on Henry's farrier manners.
Also, I'm so happy that Monday Bunday was such a hit! I already have some pictures ready for next Monday :)