_

_

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Home Sweet Home & Goals

My herd is now all back together at one location!  The move happened yesterday morning.  :)

This barn feels a lot more like home to me.  I took my wedding pictures there for goodness sakes!  It is so nice to know where everything is.  And there is something to be said for the peace and quiet at a smaller facility.  It isn't perfect (or I wouldn't have left in the first place) but man I am glad to be back.




Also on Wednesday the herd got their hooves trimmed.  Henry was a bit of a brat but Mystic and Apollo were very well-behaved.  After Mystic and Apollo were finished their pedicures they both hopped on the trailer like rockstars.  I have owned a difficult loader in the past and I am over the moon that my current herd loads so well *knock on wood*.


Mystic having a beet pulp snack while she waits for the trailer to come




Henry looking cute

I totally forgot to recap on my January goals so here goes:

1)       Stick to new life schedule.  Pretty much!  I will need to re-create it anyway now that the horses are all at one place again today.  I do like having a schedule and will continue to work at this.
 
2)       Figure out 2015 goalsThese will be posted shortly!

3)       Lose two pounds.  Okay, I have to give myself huge kudos this month.  I was sick for 75% of January.  And I managed to lose one pound, which I am very proud of.  I can never remember if you starve a fever and feed a cold or feed a fever and starve a cold.  So I just stuff my face.  I got back on track during the last week of January and am really ecstatic that the scaled moved a bit for me.  Sitting at 145.4lbs now! 

4)       Get Apollo a shoulder relief girth (with sheep skin). Continue savings for BOT products with hopes to purchase in early February. Still working on BOT savings.  I’m going to see which products the bodyworker thinks would help Apollo the most when she sees him on the 8th.  And as for the shoulder relief girth...we're making some huge changes in the saddle department, soon to be discussed.


February Goals
1) Develop new horse/life schedule.
2) Get into the 143s (so lose at least 1.5lbs).
3) Sign up for a 5km race in March.
4) Work on Henry's farrier manners.

Also, I'm so happy that Monday Bunday was such a hit! I already have some pictures ready for next Monday :) 


9 comments:

  1. glad you feel so much more at 'home' at this barn - hopefully having the herd reunited will simplify things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the move went well and almost everyone behaved for the farrier. What will you do to work with Henry on his manners? Sorry hope you don't mind my asking, Nancy can be a bit of a brat for the first foot. So am hoping to steal some tips - although she is usually good for me when I clean her feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I pick Henry's hooves out I usually just quickly pick them out and then put them back down...so when she holds up his hooves for longer he is impatient and wants to put them down right away. So I pretty much just hold his hooves up for longer and pet him, help him practice his patience a bit!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the move was the right decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. I don't think I will move them again until it's to my own property! :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you're all happy to be back at your old barn. It will probably make life easier for you. I wouldn't sweat that 1.5 pounds you want to lose. You look perfect in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally happy to be back. :) Aw thank you, I just want my old breeches to fit so I don't have to buy more haha

      Delete