_

_

Thursday, 26 February 2015

March Manifesto

I have a lot of big/crazy goals for March.  Maybe it’s because I just drank a huge can of red bull. But whatever, I’m rolling with it!




I officially have a sound horse to ride and will soon have a proper fitting saddle.  I’m going to use March to tackle all the other things that have been bothering me.  Honestly most of my thoughts lately have been revolving around Apollo’s soundness issues and now I need to move on to something constructive.

Here goes:

1)      Dress for Success
I seriously look like a slob most of the time.  I feel so much better if I put a little bit of effort into my appearance and I’m going to make that a priority this month at work and at the barn.  My barn has no mirrors in the arena but there is a full length mirror in the washroom for me to take a pre-ride or post-ride selfie (for proof!).

I’ve been in kind of a grump because my full seat breeches are still too small.  I have two pairs of non-full seats that I can ride in right now with two more pairs getting very close.  Not being able to ride in my favourite fullseats is not an excuse to wear sweatpants all the damn time.

2)      Ride and Workout Every Damn Day*
My barn is 15 minutes from my house.  The gym is five minutes from my house.  The gym is also free to use because I work there.  I also have recently reduced my days of work so I can have more free time.  There is no reason for me to be parked on the couch so often watching crap on TV that I don’t care about.  I finally have a sound horse and a free gym....no more excuses.

*I don’t necessarily plan to do this forever but I need a jumpstart to get myself into a proper routine.

3)      Daily Blog Posts

I have so many half-written posts that I gave up on.  Some of them are a bit controversial or soapbox-y so I backed out of posting them.  The vast majority are just incomplete.  I’m going to post daily and finally participate in some of the cool blog hops that I’ve been wanting to join.

I don’t think that plan to post daily in the long term but in addition to catching up on incomplete posts I can keep myself accountable for my other two goals this month.



March is going to be my month! :)

18 comments:

  1. Dress for success is one of my goals for the year. I've been slacking this week, but overall have been feeling a lot better about myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is day one for me and I already feel better looking a bit spiffier :)

      Delete
  2. Dress for success totally works! You can do it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna OWN March! (and the months beyond...of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the Dress for Success! I grew up riding in barns that didn't care what you looked like when you rode, but now it seems like everyone came from a fancier barn where you wear a collared, tucked in shirt and your hair up in your helmet ALL. THE. TIME. So I figure it's time to stop looking like the sloppy Ammy and join the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the sloppiest of ammies hahah! Hoping to look a bit more decent this month haha

      Delete
  5. Woop bring it on March, KR is ready for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much just dressing better and putting on a tiny bit of makeup can improve your attitude and self-worth! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get the dress for success goal! I've been putting more effort into my everyday clothes and it makes a big difference for me. The barn, however, is a different story... I look like a homeless sports fan most of the time (most of my barn layers are hand me downs from my brother, and most feature a prominent sports team logo), but at least I'm a warm homeless sports fan!

    ReplyDelete