_

_

Thursday, 5 March 2015

Aural Plaque Experiment

For quite a while Apollo has had an aural plaque in his left ear. 

:(



When it first appeared it seemed to cause him a lot of discomfort during bridling.  Now it doesn't bother him but I'd like it to go away!  At his most recent vet visit I was told to treat it with "benign neglect" and it would subside eventually...now it's been almost two years and I can't leave it alone anymore.

I'm going to give this stuff a whirl:



 http://www.organichorses.us/shop/all-natural-cream

I'll report back with updated photos on how it works.  Has anyone else successively treated aural plaques?

12 comments:

  1. I can quite honestly tell you I had never heard the words "aural plaque" until today... haha. Interested to see how your treatment progresses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto here! Do keep us posted on whether it works!

      Delete
    2. I will definitely post an update once I start using the cream. Aural plaques are ugly and gross!

      Delete
  2. Those things are the pits, looking forward to hearing if your treatment for it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would nice, the cream is pretty inexpensive so it would be an easy fix...which I like :)

      Delete
  3. interesting - good luck w the treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping everything crossed for treatment working ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck. My mare has aural plaque in both ears but my vet told me not to treat it unless it started to cause her excessive pain. I was told the best course of action was to keep flies off it at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's an Alberta thing? It used to be super painful for Apollo and I'd kind of like to get rid of it once and for all! It seems to flare up in the spring.

      Delete
    2. I know another local AB horse who has it bad enough he's notorious around the farm for being difficult to bridle.

      Delete