_

_

Saturday, 14 March 2015

TOABH: DTR

Defining the Relationship

Snookum-ukums, where do you see this going?  

Let's be realistic.  What's the plan with your pony?  Is it a five-year investment with a return, is it until you move up beyond the Kin's abilities, or is it forever*?
 

I'm finally joining this fun blog hop!  I'm going to devote a section to each horse :) 

Apollo

Apollo is a very special heart horse to me.  I will care for him to the best of my abilities for the remainder of his life.  (spoiler alert: I want to keep all of my horses forever).

<3 !


It's one of my big dreams to move to an acreage; seeing my big colorful pony out the window every day would make my heart explode with happiness. 

Recent soundness issues have changed my game plan in terms of a five year plan.  I'm doing everything in my power to keep him as sound and happy as possible.  I'm tentatively planning to do a dressage schooling show later in the summer.  We are just playing it by ear at the moment! 

If something ever happens to me he will return to the woman who sold him to me, she's probably the only person in the world who loves him half as much as I do!

I'm planning to get an Apollo-inspired tattoo in the next few months....stay tuned for that!



Mystic

I am SO excited to ride this horse!  I spend a lot of time thinking about my dreams and goals for her, so I certainly have a 5 year plan in mind. 



I also intend to keep Mystic for the rest of her life.  I'm don't have any set competition goals beyond dabbling in a few different disciplines and seeing how the horses and I enjoy it.  Here's our little 5 year plan:

2015: (Age 3) Be ponied excessively by Apollo, lunge, learn ground driving skills
2016: (Age 4) Start lightly under saddle with dressage basics
2017:  (Age 5) Continue dressage work, add trail work and light jumping, possibly try some events
2018: (Age 6) Compete in eventing season
2019: (Age 7) See how 2018 goes... :)

If something ever happens to me Mystic legally has to be returned to the rescue that I adopted her from.  I know they will take great care of her and find her a wonderful home.



Henry

I love my cheeky Henry!  I'm in it for the long haul with this fellow too :) 




Henry has a lot of jumpers/eventers in his bloodlines.  I definitely picture us spending some time in the jumping world.  Considering he has jumped out of his pen....I think he's cool with that.

Here is Henry's 5 year plan:

2015: (Age 3) Be ponied by Apollo, lunge, learn ground driving skills
 2016: (Age 4) Start lightly under saddle with dressage basics
2017:  (Age 5) Continue dressage work, add trail work and light jumping, possibly try some events
2018: (Age 6) Compete in jumpers
2019: (Age 7) See how 2018 goes... :)

If anything happens to me two of my good friends will either work together to re-home Henry or will keep him.
 



If anyone would like to buy me an acreage and fund my three-horse habit - let me know! :) 

Thanks Beka for the fun blog hop!  






 

6 comments:

  1. Wowie, 2018 and 2019 feel so far away but it'll probably be upon us before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I LOVE your five year plan for the youngsters!! You are going to have your hands full starting two at one time. :D I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard waiting for the babies to grow up! I bought my warmblood mare as an unstarted 2 year old and she was already 16 hands! Trainer at the time was like, get going on that baby because she's only going to grow! Since she grew up in a pasture, she was quite convinced that her purpose in life was to be a pasture ornament. Took a year of groundwork and longing to be able to get on her. She turned out quite lovely and events with the girl who I sold her to. Can't wait to watch their progress! And I still want to steal Apollo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that you have plans for them all!! i'm so often flying by the seat of my pants haha

    ReplyDelete