_

_

Thursday, 2 April 2015

All is Quiet

I'm on vacation for a few days and I'm so happy to finally have a moment to catch up on things (I also slept for 12 hours last night...which was amazing).



I survived my crazy March plans!  To summarize I planned to ride & workout everyday, dress for success, and blog daily. 

I had great success in my daily rides and work outs.  One or two were missed but I kept at it.  I realized how important going to the gym is for my mental health.  I have never felt as happy as I did in March.  This is something that I will be continuing with for sure.  Also being able to wear my size 80 (28L) Pikeur full seats again has been so awesome.  I have been making a huge effort to dress up for work more.  I've also treated myself to a few new purchases (a necklace, a dress and a pair of jeans).  I've put a bit more effort into my appearance at barn too.  I do feel a lot better about myself when I look more put together.  I will definitely be continuing to work on "dressing for success" in the future.

My favorite view!


I failed on the daily blogging portion of my plan but even that was kind of a happy fail.  I felt like I didn't have much to say other than "everthing is going well" and I was almost afraid to jinx it.

Henry's ground manners improved in leaps and bounds.  It's amazing how actually spending time working on that with him will result in improvement....go figure.  He also looks amazing for this time of year.  He has started shedding and his coat is shiny.  The last two years he didn't shed out until June.  So I think the new nutrition plan has been helping him a lot. 

Muddy Henry



Apollo was visited by the Back on Track fairy!  I ordered the following (after over 5 months of saving):

1) Two black dressage pads
2) One mesh sheet w/o neck (size 84")
3) One fleece sheet w/ neck (size 84")
4) Four quick wraps (in the largest size...I forget what that is)




My initial impression of the products is that the quality is amazing.  I've been using the mesh sheet for 20 minutes before my rides and I haven't noticed huge changes....maybe small changes if I'm really looking for them.   I did notice after our rides that when I pick up his hind hooves his legs actually spring up.  Usually he holds them very low and isn't super willing to move them higher.

The instructions are for him to wear it for 4 hours at a time to start but unfortunately I don't trust his herd members not to destroy his expensive new clothes.  Eventually he will wear the BOT mesh sheet under his winter blanket.  I planned for him to wear the quick wraps before our rides also but I haven't done that yet. 

There were two days in March where Mystic was acting sort of strangely.  She wasn't disobedient but she was more "up" than usual and didn't really seem to enjoy brushing as she usually does.  Her gut sounds, temperature and respirations were all normal.  After much googling I decided that she was in heat.  I haven't owned a mare before so this is a bit new to me!  I have an appointment later on in April with the saddle fitter.  We are hoping we can get my DK saddle to fit Mystic (because it will never fit Apollo properly and no one will ever want to buy it).

Fuzzy mare!


March really showed me that I can get a lot more done than I thought.   My March Manifesto really started the ball rolling on some good things in my life.  :)

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is so nice to have my big guy sound again :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely month! It is always one of my favorites, as the year really seems to get rolling about this time. All of your ponies look great! Hopefully April is just as good, if not better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved March, here's hoping the good luck rolls on into April!! :)

      Delete
  3. Quiet is good when it means everything is going as well as it is for you! Congrats on a successful month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoyed the quiet! Just need to keep our momentum going :)

      Delete
  4. I loooove a good night's sleep! There's nothing better! And good for you for making an effort to dress for success at the office! It is so hard to do, but I always notice a difference in how I feel when I do. Usually I find myself wearing the same 10 things which don't require ironing over and over!

    Glad everything is uneventful and your boy is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I look 10 years younger after all the sleep I've gotten in the last few days. I'm so sloppy about my appearance, it's worth the extra effort but sometimes I am soooo lazy.

      Hoping our good luck continues into April :)

      Delete
  5. yay so glad you had an awesome month - sounds like you got a lot done and many positive things are happening :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy month but definitely a good one! We were due for some good luck :)

      Delete
  6. So glad your March was so awesome, love such positivity. Way to inspire me to be & do better *hugs*

    ReplyDelete