_

_

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Highs and Lows

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.





I'll start with the good news!

I found a steal of a deal on some brand new Hunter boots.  I have a brown pair that I love but I always wanted the hunter green color.  I found a pair for sale on kijiji for $75!  My husband picked them up for me yesterday.  I know that $75 is still a lot for rubber boots but honestly the quality is amazing.  My brown Hunter boots are still in great shape after lots of wear.  I've had them for over 2 years.  I usually burn through a pair of cheap rubber boots in 6 months (I'm guessing because I walk on concrete/gravel so much at the barn?). 




Fancy feet!




Also... I have booked Mystic in for grown up horse training in November!  She will be trained at the eventing barn I boarded at.  I originally wanted to wait until Mystic was 4 years old to begin training so I know this is a bit of a departure from my original plan.  I really want to make sure I have a horse to get out and do stuff with next summer, and I feel like she has been telling me she's ready for months.  She will be 3 years and 7 months in November. I'm really excited about it and am looking forward to riding her!  I am still planning to wait a bit longer on Henry.  Mystic has almost reached her mature height (as per the "string test") of 16hh but Henry still has a fair bit of growing to do.



Time to be a grown up pony Mystic!


Now for a bit of bad news. 

The night before my meeting at the potential working student barn I got an e-mail.  The trainer decided to hire an existing client.  I'm actually pretty bummed out about it.  Although at least I didn't go for a meet-and-greet before hearing the job was given to someone else (or I would have been paranoid that I did or said something wrong).  She did apologize and promised that she would contact me right away if her current client didn't work out. 

Booooo :(
I put a reminder in my phone to send a follow up e-mail at the end of summer to check-in with her about the position - does that seem reasonable? 

19 comments:

  1. That's perfectly reasonable. The other day my trainer was talking about how she occasionally has people ask about working student programs. When she tells then that the position isn't currently open, but it might be down the road, she never hears back from them. This makes her not want to consider them in the future. It never hurts to say thanks for the consideration and to keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out down the line, that would be so awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. So much good news, new shoes of any sort are the best, as is the excitement of your baby off to visit the trainer :) And yes, I totally think checking in at a later date about the job is a reasonable thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely lots of good news! I hope I hear from the trainer in the future :)

      Delete
  3. what a bummer about the working student position - but definitely a good idea to touch base again later. you never know what might crop up and it never hurts to ask :)

    exciting about Mystic tho! i hope she loves the training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about Mystic! It will be sooo nice to have two horses to ride :)

      Delete
  4. Good call to follow up with them in the summer. Too bad it didn't work out now. I'm excited to hear more about Mystic's training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely pretty disappointed about :( But there are lots of other things to be happy about!

      Delete
  5. Bummer. Maybe that means there's an even better position out there waiting for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! I hope so :)

      Delete
  6. I'm always impressed when people follow up with me. To me it says professional, thoughtful & courteous. It never hurts to keep the lines of communication open. You never know where it may lead!

    PS Your boots are awesome! I love a good deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my new fab boots! My fingers are definitely crossed for a working student position in the future

      Delete
  7. Nice score on the Hunter boots!! That is too bad about the working student position not working out, but hopefully something else will come up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks about the joB, but putting mystic in training is exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww sorry about the job. :( Congrats on the boots though and I'm super excited about Mystic! There is nothing wrong with doing her training a few months early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry the position fell through but free evenings are an awesome trade off. Hubby & ponies will love seeing even more of you ☺
    Fab deal on the boots & super exciting news about Miss Mystic

    ReplyDelete