_

_

Saturday, 11 April 2015

Return of an Important Accessory

I picked up my saddle today!  Yipee!!! :)


This is a pic of Henry wearing it a few months ago




I haven't had a saddle for Apollo for TWO MONTHS.  I am so ready to ride in my comfy cloud saddle!

In the meantime I have been riding Apollo in my bareback pad.  It's Best Friends English-style bareback pad.  They are cheap, comfy and easy to clean.  I bought mine for my high-withered thoroughbred over 8 years ago and I can't say enough good things about it.  Even my young horses wear it sometimes too to get used to the feeling of wearing a girth.  Eventually I want to do a whole post on these but that day is not today!

Hopefully I will have some photos/videos of the saddle in action soon!


8 comments:

  1. Yay! So nice to have a saddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! it's great to have a saddle. I have a saddle, I just don't have a rideable ring yet...
    I'd love to hear more about your bareback pad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely saddle! Is it a Schleese? So happy you have it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got your saddle back. It does look comfy. Have fun riding in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay on getting your saddle back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on getting your saddle back! It does look super comfy! What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it weird that I can almost feel the cloudlyness just by the photo? Happy you have your saddle back! I just got mine back from the fitter a few weeks ago as well, it is definitely amazing to have your own saddle back.

    ReplyDelete