_

_

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Quick Update & June Goals

I'm happy to report that things have been going great!  Apollo is sound and we've been riding quite a bit.  :)



I haven't had energy for much else!  I assumed that once I wasn't working three jobs I would have lots of energy, a perfectly clean house and a full social calendar.  But no.  I think I'm having some sort of delayed burn out.  My brain has been too tired to read/write much lately.

Now that I'm not cramming my life into the small space between three jobs... I have lost momentum!  I'm trying to let myself relax and hopefully I will bounce back soon. 

I did have a lesson with a potential new instructor - I will do a full post on that shortly.


Here are my June goals:

1) Work on lunging Mystic and Henry
2) Develop a proper fitness plan for Apollo & myself
3) Start running again 
4) Select one horse-related book to read

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need that down time after being uber-busy so that we can recover. I'm so happy for you that Apollo is doing well and you're getting to enjoy him!

    Beautiful photo btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a sound horse for sure, I'm sure appreciating him a little extra after this last year!
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear Apollo is doing so well! I have found that, as my life gets less busy, my ability to get things done somehow shrinks to fit! Haha. Don't beat yourself up - its perfectly normal :) Looking forward to hearing about the new instructor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying riding again for sure! I feel pretty rusty :)

      Delete
  3. Love that photo! Enjoy your downtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay so glad things are going well! and sounds like you're finally getting the much deserved break - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to hear that Apollo is doing well! I like your goals and an looking forward to the lesson recap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been wonderful! Thank you :)

      Delete