_

_

Friday, 24 July 2015

100 Days

Mystic goes for training in 100 days!  Yipeeeee! 


Princess Beefcake <3



I ate some of my own hair....it was disgusting.

The exselle saddle from my aunt fits her like a glove right now.  I do accept that she may still change over the next 100 days, but she has two other saddles that fit her almost as well if it doesn’t work. 

I send my husband e-mail updates every few days that go something like this:  “OMG I GET TO RIDE MYSTIC IN 103 DAYS!!!!” I also sent the first photo above to Mystic’s trainer with a day countdown as well (around the 116 day mark).  Tomorrow we will move out of the triple digits into the double digits!

January 2013




After all the issues with Apollo in the last year I am so happy to have something to look forward to.  I was starting to get really bummed out about riding after all the soundness/saddle fit/behavior issues.  Booking Mystic in for training has renewed my enthusiasm.  I am so excited about this horse!  I clicked with Mystic the moment I met her.  I have never felt that kind of instant connection with another horse.  I feel so blessed that I ended up being her person.




Summer 2013 (note the disgruntled Henry in the background)




The first 30 days will be “full training” with 4-5 trainer rides a week.  I hope to watch as often as possible and ride in the odd training session.  For the following 60 days (if all goes well) she will be in “partial training” with 3 trainer rides a week and one or two rides from me (with one of those being a lesson).  



Wedding model May 2014




It’s starting to feel real!  Which means I should probably start making a proper to-do list of where I'd like her to be before she goes for training....instead of sending caps locked e-mails to everyone :)



22 comments:

  1. How exciting! She's adorable. I can't wait to follow her journey!

    www.amateuratlarge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait myself! :)

      Delete
  2. CAPS LOCKED LIST EMAILS TO EVERYONE!!! I support that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous! Agree with Carly above, caps locked is a necessary thing for this level of excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting! Can't wait to follow along

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be here soon, kind of a dream come true for me :)

      Delete
  5. ahhhhh yesss so exciting!! and i love the sound of this program and how much you're encouraged to participate in it! looking forward to seeing how Mystic progresses :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an overbearing horse "mom" so I want to be very involved haha :D

      Delete
  6. Mystic is a gorgeous mare! I'm sure you and she will have a wonderful time together. So exciting that she's going to training and you get to ride her soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am very very excited :D

      Delete
  7. SOOOO pretty!!! cant wait to see updates while shes there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a bit biased but I think she's beautiful :)

      Delete
  8. Very exciting! Can't wait to follow the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an exciting adventure for sure! :)

      Delete