_

_

Monday, 13 July 2015

Diamond Days

When I told my mom about how awesome my weekend was she told me I had "diamond days".  I couldn't have put it better myself!

I squeezed in a quick trail ride on Friday night after a long day of work.  I found a small treed area to ride through, which added a bit of variety to our normal ditch ride/hay field routine.

Hooray for a patch of trees!


I spent most of Saturday celebrating with my best friend at her baby shower (I become an “auntie” on approximately August 21).  I also saw a friend’s new house.  I feel like there are so many good things happening to the people I love this last week.  

On Sunday I had some good things happen to me!  Apollo loaded into my friend’s trailer like a perfect gentleman and we went on an adventure in the wilderness.  

 Parking lot depart


It was so much fun!  I couldn’t have asked for anything more from my horse.  I didn’t know how he would feel about going through a heavily treed area as we haven’t really done that before (save Friday night, which didn’t really count).  A few weeks ago he brushed against a pine tree in the ditch and was like “OMG!  I’M DYING!”.  But on our wilderness adventure he didn’t mind at all.  There were a lot of low hanging branches so I flattened myself onto his neck and he soldiered through like a pro.  




After all these years I think I found out for sure what he loves to do.  He didn’t spook once the whole ride.  I rode on a loose rein for the whole time, even rode at the buckle a few times.  Our only blip was that he was a bit footsore on the rockier parts of the trail, so I just got off and walked a few times (and lead him around the rocky spots if possible).  




My husband and my friend’s boyfriend joined us on foot with our dogs on leashes.  It was so nice to have an extra pair of hands.  I also felt way more calm knowing my husband would be there to help. 


Horse husband <3



The ride was about 2.5 hours total.  We stopped a few times to enjoy the beautiful views.  I hope there are many more diamond days to come this summer! 


 



“Joy is an incredible alarm clock. It will wake you up and keep you up and pick you up and gently pull you through a thousand rejections along the way.”  Jon Acuff

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Sounds like an amazing weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was an awesome day :)

      Delete
  2. diamond day for sure! that looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for good ponies! What a lovely way to spend a day off with family and friends! Hope you get to go again soon!

    www.amateuratlarge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this weekend, fingers and toes crossed :)

      Delete
  4. That looks like fun! Glad you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing! thanks for sharing :) put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so proud of my pony - what a great day :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds amazing! thanks for sharing :) put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a beautiful trail ride - those views are amazing!! Apollo sounds like a dream out there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss those views! Congrats on the excellent outing and fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll be waiting for you when you visit :)

      Delete
  9. What beautiful views! And I'm totally going to steal the phrase "diamond days" -- I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where my mom got it from but I love it!

      Delete
  10. Those are great pics. I got to see Jon Acuff speak about a year ago at a writer's conference. He was hilarious! Not sure if you Twitter, but I follow his account--also hilarious. I like that this quote you've featured by him is actually something meaningful and not humorous. He's not just a wise guy, but maybe even a WISE guy.

    ReplyDelete