_

_

Thursday, 20 August 2015

Unexpected

The last two weeks have been full of surprises!

 A surprisingly clean Apollo (post-bath)


I have been incredibly busy at work so I am waaaay behind on reading my favorite blogs (and writing anything myself).  There are lots of big changes happening in my department at the moment.

I became an "auntie" for two babies this month, both who were born early.   Hooray for weird horse aunties!

Miss Maisie, born August 6th (due August 22nd) 




Mr. ? (yet to be named!), born August 17th (due September 12) 




I have been riding and working with Apollo A LOT.   This is pretty weird after our year of soundness crap.  It's so strange to have a horse that I can ride pretty much every day.

Majestic creatures



I spend most evenings wandering around on the trails with him. Last week we had our first ever full out gallop outside. He is super forward and willing, which makes my heart so happy. I can't believe how sound he is - he's actually a bit of a hot ride right now which is something brand new for him. His movement is bigger than when he was 8 years old. He's a wild old man! 





I had another great surprise today - one of my saddles sold! My schleese (cloud saddle) sold was at a tack consignment store and they sold it for $500 more than I paid for it - woohoo! It was so comfy but was just collecting dust....hooray for monies.




The sale of my cloud saddle was especially helpful because earlier today I bought Apollo another saddle. It's an older County saddle with an extra wide tree. I'm hoping it's comfier for me than the treeless saddle. It was only $450 so it should be an easy re-sale if it doesn't work. It's located out of province so I'm not able to try it out first...I'm going the leap of faith route. 

Hello new friend!  (should arrive in the next week)


I find that I can't sit up properly in the treeless saddle. I end up tipping forward into kind of a weird chair seat at any speed besides the walk. I think it's adding to our "hot horse" problem and I find I'm riding more with my hands than my seat - which is not good at all. Fingers crossed the county saddle fits :) Can't wait to catch up on my blog readin'!

18 comments:

  1. Every time I see a pic of Apollo I just want to hug him and bury my face in that mane and neck. I dunno why...

    Yay for saddle sale and profit! Double yay for fit! Triple yay and Congrats on auntiehood!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a snuggle fellow! He tolerates me hugging him quite often haha

      Thanks for the congrats! Been an exciting two weeks

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love brown dressage saddles! Fingers crossed that it fits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! I sure hope it works :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the new saddle! Finding the right one is so tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fingers crossed :) I have a good feeling about this one,

      Delete
  4. Apollo is looking FABULOUS and YEAH for a sound horse! I'm so happy for you! Love that white streak in his mane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He's been working quite hard lately :) I love his "highlights" too!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! It arrives on Tuesday if all goes well

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Me too, doesn't last as long as I'd like :P

      Delete
  7. galloping sounds like fun! Congrats on the sale of the old and purchase of the new saddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun for sure! Been a long time since I've done that haha :)

      Delete
  8. He looks so shiny and WHITE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was! For a few minutes haha :)

      Delete
  9. ooh congrats on being an auntie twice over! also that saddle looks lovely, i hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apollo looks great! And congrats on the niece and nephew :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete