_

_

Thursday, 17 September 2015

ROMFH International Full Seat Breeches Review – Part One

Why is this two part review?...  

Because I haven’t ridden in these breeches yet.  When I bought them they felt pretty tight but I had just eaten a huge breakfast and had a completely full bladder.  They were on sale for 60% off so I went for it ($159.95 regular price, $63.98 sale price). I figured once I wasn’t so bloated they’d fit fine.  

Nope.  

 Props to my cat, Spartacus, for getting in the way for almost every photo.

That deal though...



So I don’t feel like I can give a full review until I’m able to ride in them without feeling like a stuffed sausage.  For comparison I rode in my Jut-ey breeches last Friday and they were snug but wearable.  They’re both 28L full seats...so these might fit a bit smaller size-wise.

The breeches are super classy looking with lots of beautiful detailing.  




My favorite thing about them is the back of the beltloop: 

But the kneepack area detail is pretty cool too:

The fabric feels breathable but durable.  I’m 6 feet tall so I like that they’re more of a medium rise rather than a low-rise.  The posterior region is super flattering.  I hate when breeches make me look like I have a flat ass (which I sort of do....but some breeches don’t do me any favors).  I think they’re beautiful breeches and I can’t wait to ride in them. :)


Smartpak actually has these breeches on sale right now for $129.95 (american funds).  Check them out here.  Riding warehouse has a similar style for $159.95 here.  RW has much nicer photos of the knee patch area detail too!




My goal is to be able to do part two sometime near the end of October (as I started back at the gym earlier this month).  :)

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the full review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of Romfh's, but the crotch is a bit weird...I'm really interested to see how these do for you (being tall like me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh interesting! I don't know if you find this but those "low-rise" type of breeches look terrible on me... I Don't know if that's a height thing or just my body shape.

      Delete
  3. omg Spartacus is so majestic haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of those, in tan. LOVE THEM. They are one of the few breeches that don't make my knees hurt - apparently I have huge knees? My only complaint is that the fabric doesn't wear super well - it tends to pill a bit and hold saddle marks. Otherwise, I'd have a million of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I will keep an eye for that :)

      Delete
  5. I wore a too small pair of breeches yesterday... I feel you. There is a photo of my giant ass stuffed into them on the blog today. It's terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours looked fine! I have overflow out of the top of mine and I can't bend my legs... I can't imagine trying to ride in these right now haha

      Delete
  6. I won a pair of romfh breeches 2 years ago and made them my show pants. After 3 rides they pilled pretty badly by the knee patch where the top of the boot is. 2 years later (maybe a dozen or so rides), they still look really good but the pilling is just as bad. Mine, too, are really snug for their size and didn't think I could move. I can, but they are tight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won a pair of romfh breeches 2 years ago and made them my show pants. After 3 rides they pilled pretty badly by the knee patch where the top of the boot is. 2 years later (maybe a dozen or so rides), they still look really good but the pilling is just as bad. Mine, too, are really snug for their size and didn't think I could move. I can, but they are tight.

    ReplyDelete