_

_

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

September Goals








Going forward I plan to more actively make (and complete!) monthly goals for myself and my horses.   This month my goals for September are a bit lofty but doable.



Kate:
1)      Clean car.  (in desperate need)
2)      Buy/find a bit & bridle combination for Mystic.
3)      Lose 4 pounds. (ugh…wearing breeches instead of sweat pants would be swell)
4)      Make a proper to-do list for Mystic with assistance from potential trainer and “Making Not Breaking” by Cherry Hill.
5)      Buy/borrow a bridle for Mystic.









Mystic:
1)      Lunge walk/trot/canter politely in both directions.
2)      Have a bath and be tidied (mane trim and tail banged).
3)      Practice using hoof stand.
4)      Wear a bridle.











Henry:
1)      Improve ground manners. 
2)      Be tidied (mane trim and tail banged).
3)      Practice using hoof stand.









Apollo:
1)      Be ridden 4 times a week.
2)      Be tidied (mane trim and tail banged).
3)      Practice using hoof stand.
4)      Participate in photoshoot with Kate (done by Mr. Kate).





Friendly reminder to enter a guess on my vet bill here.  Contest ends tomorrow at midnight! :)


14 comments:

  1. nice goals - seems mostly pretty doable, good luck! (also i totally want a photo shoot too haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to the photoshoot, I wish the horses weren't so fuzzy already

      Delete
  2. clean car. that should be on my list. my car is nasty. and has a bag of stinky old sweet feed in the trunk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car smells super weird and looks like a hobo lives inside it haha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! putting on real pants puts me in a bad mood haha

      Delete
  4. ohh good idea. I think I will do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have lots of bridles that are used but in decent condition. Does Mystic wear a horse size? email me if you're interested: seseidman@gmail.com
    These are great and attainable goals! I should make a similar list for myself and the four-leggeds...
    I feel you on the 4 lbs... Although in my case I think it's more like 10. But potato chips! Ugh.

    www.amateuratlarge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E-mail sent! I missed a lot of these comments for some reason

      Delete
    2. I didn't get it! Can you resend?

      Delete
  6. Bahahahahaha clean car... want to come do mine too? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha maybe after I get through the huge task of mine I'll see if I'm alive hahah

      Delete