_

_

Thursday, 1 October 2015

September Goal Review & October Goals

I think I did fairly well on my September goals.  Not perfect but made improvements in all areas. 

October is a big month.  It's Mystic's last month before she goes for training and it's my 30th birthday (on the 29th).  I also start weekly lessons with an eventing coach and at the dressage barn.








Here's a quick breakdown of how my September goals went:

Kate:
1)      Clean car.  (in desperate need) Started on this mountain of a task, hoping to finish off within the week.
2)      Buy/find a bit & bridle combination for Mystic. I was given a bridle and I do have a bit for her but I can’t find it.  But I’m still calling that a win.
3)      Lose 4 pounds. (ugh…wearing breeches instead of sweat pants would be swell) I made progress but got a bit derailed.  Was able to drop from 150.2 to 149.  1.2lbs is better than nothing.
4)      Make a proper to-do list for Mystic with assistance from potential trainer and “Making Not Breaking” by Cherry Hill Done!  Will be posted shortly.

Mystic:
1)      Lunge walk/trot/canter politely in both directions. I mentioned here that I tried to get help from a coach…and didn’t exactly get the results I was hoping for.  Definitely made improvements this month but not where I wanted us to be.
2)      Have a bath and be tidied (mane trim and tail banged). Done!
3)      Practice using hoof stand. Check!
4)      Wear a bridle.  She wore it without a bit…. Doesn’t quite count.

Henry:
1)      Improve ground manners.  Check!
2)      Be tidied (mane trim and tail banged). Check!
3)      Practice using hoof stand. Check!

Apollo:
1)      Be ridden 4 times a week.  Yes and no.  I was able to reach this goal for two weeks of the month.  The other two didn’t work out for various reasons.  Four times a week is really the amount that he needs (which I felt on the weeks that I didn’t!)
2)      Be tidied (mane trim and tail banged). Check!
3)      Practice using hoof stand. Check!
4)      Participate in photoshoot with Kate (done by Mr. Kate). Check!  See it here. :)

I ran another 5k in September which was rad!


Now moving onto my October goals. I kind of liked dividing up the goals by horse/human, so I'll continue with that.

Kate
1) Participate in Two Pointober (so happy it's back!
2) Create a fitness and nutrition plan and maintain consistency. I've decided to steer away from a specific weight loss goal.
3) Find a saddle that fits Mystic. The DK has an appointment for an adjustment on the 14th - fingers crossed it will work!
4) Have an adult pony ride on Mystic

Mystic
1) Continue to perfect lunging at the w/t/c.
2) Be ponied by Apollo.
3) Be sat on by Kate.

Henry
1) Continue to work on ground manners.

Apollo
1) Be ridden 4 times a week.
2) Pony Mystic politely.




17 comments:

  1. why does this look like it's written in code?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's like that on my work computer but it looks normal on my phone....so weird!

      Delete
  2. Great job! Also ugh cleaning the car, I punted mine until November

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...not my favorite task for sure!

      Delete
  3. Great job on the goals :)

    And Happy (wayyyyyy early) Birthday, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. good for you. I didn't totally meet my goals but I got close....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider my goals a success if I make progress, doesn't have to be perfect! :)

      Delete
  5. sounds like october is gonna be an exciting month!! i seriously hope the DK works for you too, after everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be an exciting/crazy month for sure! :) if the DK worked out I would be over the moon with happiness!

      Delete
  6. I think you did really well on your goals. Congrats! Looks like you'll be busy this month too. Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to my bday, gonna be a good one I think :)

      Delete
  7. Yay October birthdays!!

    I did my 2 point time today, legs are burning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing mine tonight...my legs will be crying tomorrow haha

      Delete
  8. So nice to achieve goals, isn't it? Great post, and your horses are beautiful. I love horses but I live in the city (Montreal, Canada) so I only get to see them when I visit a nature park or farms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice! And thank you (I'm a bit biased but agree my herd is beautiful). :)

      Delete