_

_

Friday, 18 December 2015

Saying Thank You








How do you say thank you to your coach/barn owners?  Christmas coincides with the end of the year and I feel like it’s a good time to say thank you for the previous year.


I normally just give cards (usually with a candy cane, ooooh!) at Christmas time and that’s about it.  I’m pretty cheap and I don’t usually decorate much or give gifts (besides family).  But this year I have been in the Christmas spirit in a big way.  2015 was a really awesome year and I guess I’m just happy and less Grinch-like this year! 


I bought us a beautiful wreath for our door, chocolate advent calendars, and we sent out Christmas cards.  I’ve decided to something special for Coach D and my barn manager as well.



Best smelling wreath in town!



I am so grateful for Coach D.  She cheers me on but also pushes me outside my comfort zone with every ride.  There is no way I would have felt as confident and calm for Mystic’s first rides without her help.  She allowed to me to pay for some of my lessons with blankets/tack I wasn’t using as she knows my budget is a very tight.  She had to put down her heart horse this year (just before we started lessons).  I found a nice picture of them on cross country and had it made into a sun catcher.  I’m going to give it to her tonight – I hope she likes it!  I received wonderful customer service from Equiglas Equine Stained Glass and will be writing another post on them in the near future. 






I’m also doing a DIY gift basket for my barn owners.  I know what kind of beer they like and I know they like Italian food so I’m going to put beer, wine, chocolate and some Italian food into a gift basket for them.  I bought this adorable cowboy boot wine stopper too!



I was actually planning to give Coach B my romph riding breeches because they’re still a bit tight and she’s thinner than me.  But I wore them last week so I’ll have to come up with something else.  She’s a DQ so something with bling is a must!  Any suggestions? J


I’m curious to hear what others do for their barn family for the holidays! J

Only one day left for my holiday contest, make sure you enter! 

14 comments:

  1. That stained glass suncatcher is BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure your coach will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In think she'll love that! It's gorgeous. Good call

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! It's even more lovely in person, the photo doesn't do it justice :)

      Delete
  3. aw Apollo looks so handsome in his wreath haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! He wasn't super pleased about it haha :)

      Delete
  4. That suncatcher is awesome! She'll definitely love it. What a thoughtful, unique gift!
    My trainer is in Florida for the winter, so I sent her a gift basket from Mrs. Prindables to share with her family. Mrs. Prindables makes gourmet candy apples and other sweet treats. I did similar baskets for my barn workers too. Maybe not all that personal, but definitely delicious! I figured apples are sort of horsey too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does too! That's a great idea about Mr. Prindables, I wonder if I can do that in Canada...probably!

      Delete
  5. Oh my god- you can make sun catchers out of photos? that is fabulous! She will love it- it's thoughtful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can! She does great work. I hope D likes it! :D

      Delete
  6. Love the sun catcher it's a great gift idea. Apollo looks very festive! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Apollo is a good sport, letting me dress him up :) merry xmas to you too!

      Delete
  7. Great ideas...which reminds me I need to do something for mine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a hard time finding the right thing, one of my friends "liked" the page on facebook so the idea popped into my head :)

      Delete