_

_

Friday, 1 January 2016

2016 Goals!

I'm loving all the 2016 goals posts!  Lots of exciting stuff in blogland will be happening in 2016 :)

I didn't make any goals for 2015.  Apollo wasn't sound and neither of my young horses were broke.  Now I have two broke horses and one soon to be broke horse.  Holy crap!  Bring on 2016!


I've been following Ingrid Klimke on facebook and she's been a huge source of inspiration for me.  Her horses always look like they're having fun!  She shares a lot of pictures of doing different things with her horses (trail riding, swimming etc).  Her posts have sparked a few of my 2016 goals.  So I made a cheesy little vision board from a few of her facebook pics.



Also have to give credit to Jon Acuff for the book cover quote in the middle!  I own the book so I think he'd be okay with it :)



Horse Goals for 2016


Take a horse swimming!  This will probably be Mystic as I know a few of the girls at her current barn go to a swimming spot in the summer, so hopefully they'll let me tag along.  

Ride with no tack (only a neck rope)! This is slated for Apollo, who's the most trained of the bunch.

Compete in as many starter level events as possible. At this point I'm planning to take Mystic, I'll play it by ear with Apollo.

Compete in a dressage schooling show.  I'm waiting for a few dates and then I'll be adding our planned show dates to the blog side bar.


Compete in a competitive trail event.  Again - hope to share dates shortly!

Find a better situation for Henry.  I'm not sure exactly what this goal will look like.  As mentioned yesterday he will be going to training shortly.  From there we will take it day by day.  Coach D may ride him, I may list him for sale or perhaps somehow I will magically find an extra day in my schedule.  




Kate's Goals for 2016



Run a 10k race  I'm slated to run a 10k for St. Patrick's Day! 

Achieve magical weight  I would really like to fit into my smaller breeches...  with running and three horses to ride - it's happening this year!

Read more  I love reading and I haven't been doing much lately.  I'm planning to re-introduce reading at bed time (instead of being a tv watching couch lump before bed).

Walk dogs more  Since Molly comes to the barn a fair bit she likely doesn't need a lot more exercise.  But my other dog Toby doesn't get nearly as much exercise as he should.  My husband and I have decided to make it part of our daily routine to walk both dogs together.

Be more patient  Sigh.  This is my biggest struggle.  I am the least patient human alive.  Being patient makes a huge difference to my relationships with my husband, friends, and animals.  I will be working on this big time in 2016!

Focus on self-care  With all my other goals it's important to make sure that I eat properly, sleep well and take care of myself.
 

26 comments:

  1. Great goals! Looking forward to following your adventures this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is gonna be an awesome year :)!

      Delete
  2. Those are some really good (and totally achievable) goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so,2016 will be a busy year :)

      Delete
  3. Those are some really good (and totally achievable) goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent goals. I love swimming with horses. I wish there was a place to do it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The water is pretty cold here, it will have to be a hot day for sure.

      Delete
  5. The Ingrid Klimke vision board is excellent - love her father too!
    Great goal list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her father is so amazing! Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Excellent goals! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggle with similar things you do. If you're needing a little inspiration on the healthier standpoint Nicku from Polka Dot Periodical created a FB group called #goalbreeches and some bloggers are getting together to try to lose weight/ get fitter together:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have some goal breeches I'd like to wear (before they go out of style!) Just joined the group last night :)

      Delete
  8. Great goals! You should look into some relaxation/calming techniques or even yoga for patience. It has really changed mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to add some yoga back into my life (it's been a loooong time), I have a hard time keeping my mind quiet so I struggle with it a bit. What type of yoga do you do?

      Delete
  9. Self-care is SO important, I totally agree with that goal! Good luck with the CTRs- they are so fun to do and very addicting FYI ;) And nice job on the vision board too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always skip over self-care, but you really can't do anything for your animals/friends/family if you haven't taken care of yourself first. I found a few super short distance CTRs for Apollo and I, just need dates from them so I can pick which ones I can attend :)

      Delete
  10. All good goals. You can do it and have fun while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Fun is the main goal :D

      Delete
  11. Awesome goals. I would love to see Apollo going in just a neck rope. He's so handsome. I can't tell you enough! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! He knows it too. I swear he is a giant ham in front of a camera. I ride without a saddle a lot now anyways...but losing the bridle will be a big step for me. :)

      Delete
  12. These are great goals! I particularly like the horse-swimming - might have to make that a goal for myself as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm curious what my horses will think about swimming haha :)

      Delete
  13. What a good list of goals! I'm hoping to get out swimming this summer, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2016 is gonna rock! I'm excited to give swimming with the horses a try :)

      Delete
  14. i love your goals!!!!! and that ingrid klimke graphic (i'm a huge fan too lol). wishing you all the best of luck in achieving all these great goals!

    ReplyDelete