_

_

Friday, 29 January 2016

VCBH Planner Peek!



Organization is not a strong suit of mine.  But I'm working on it!  I'm pretty busy these days and in order to make sure I get everything done.... I have become a bit of a planning nerd.   

One of my best friends bought me a beautiful Kate Spade planner for my 30th birthday.  Lucky me! 


<3




My only caveat for planners is that I like to see the whole month when I open it.  Because I'm a hoarder multi-horse owner it's super helpful to see the whole month in advance so I make sure everyone is getting a fair amount of attention.  Some weeks one horse will get more attention than the others so I make sure to plan additional time for the others in the following weeks.





I think next year I'm going to splurge on an Erin Condren planner.  Because they look fabulous.





I would love to go electronic but I don't trust my phone (or my clumsy fingers).  I actually screwed up two farrier appointments last year trying to set reminders in my phone.


Thanks L. for the fun blog hop!   It's interesting to see how other people organize their lives :)




15 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a planner but I like your enthusiasm! And the book planners seem like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps me get everything done, although I'm not much of a planner either - I've learned to love it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel so fancy when I use it :)

      Delete
  3. I use my iPhone for scheduled appointments. I have a calendar on the wall of the tack room that I mark things like weight, worming, riding etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I had both I'd feel comfortable using my iPhone for appts! :) Maybe I will try that instead

      Delete
  4. I looooove planners. I'm totally going to have to check out both of the planners shown above. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Erin Condren ones are so beautiful! I can't wait to get one eventually :)

      Delete
  5. Writing things helps me commit them to memory...but mainly I just like filling everything out with different colored pens. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Somehow it cements it in my mind. I don't have different colors at this point but that's a good idea.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for participating! My current planner has the 1 month layout view but I just don't like it, the boxes are too small for anything important. I like the look of the Condren planner's too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hop! The boxes are a bit on the small side on mine too. I use many abbreviations for things, otherwise nothing would fit haha. Hopefully next year I'll be rocking a Condren planner :)

      Delete
  7. Nice job getting organized!
    I use google calendar which works great for me. But I do have trouble sometimes adding from my phone. I tend to add things from the computer as that usually "takes" and then can be accessed via phone or computer. When I was a student though, I always had a book planner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I like that Kate Spade planner! I have long been interested in the Erin Condren planners, so if you get one next year, you'll definitely have to do a review!

    ReplyDelete