_

_

Saturday, 20 February 2016

Blog Hop: The Little Things

This is a very timely and awesome blog hop from the $900 Facebook Pony.



I've had kind of a frustrating couple of days recently with lessons/injuries/general burnout.  But I am so grateful for my three steeds.  So here are a few of the little things about each them that I love so much!




Apollo!

He poses for pictures.  I swear.  I have about a million pictures of him and he always look fabulous.  He always puts his ears forward and is lit perfectly.


Henry and Mystic need to take notes.





He is incredibly quiet, especially on the trail.  In the summer I rode him in the ditch between a bunch of cyclists on my right and a stampede of buffalo on my left.






He is the perfect size for me!




He is weirdly obsessed with having his legs brushed.  He stands completely still with a happy look on his face whenever I brush his legs.  It's pretty adorable!



Apollo loves children.  He will put his head down and stay perfectly still for kids to pet his face.  Lots of times kids are a bit afraid of him (because he's huge) but he is a perfect gentleman for them and clearly loves the attention from tiny people.  Two of my friends with young kids are planning to visit him this summer (which is an excellent excuse to buy a tiny saddle for him!).






Mystic!

I am especially on cloud 9 with Mystic today, we went over our very first jumps together yesterday and she was perfect!  Hopefully I will have some photos soon.


I love her brave spirit.  She will try anything.  Mare is fearless!

Just under two years old in this video!




She has the most magnificent tail.  Photos do not do it justice.







Like Apollo she has a special spot that she loves to be brushed.  She is obsessed with neck brushing.  She wiggles her lips and closes her eyes when I brush her neck and it completely melts my heart.





From the moment I met her she decided that I was her human.  And she gets a bit jealous/protective when other horses are around.  (that's my food lady!!)






Henry!

Henry makes me laugh so much!  He is such a character.  Before I sent him for training he untied himself and walked off with my purse while I was in the washroom.  WTF Henry?!

Henry has a special bond with my husband.  Todd halterbroke Henry when he first arrived.  And Henry is always on his best behavior for Todd.






Henry has the kindest eyes.  It's pretty much impossible to stay mad at him.  Even when he unties himself and takes off with my purse!



Pic of Henry from the trainer's website!  Looking like a grown up






He will roll anywhere and everywhere.  Henry thinks rolling is the best thing ever.



Henry loves his name and as soon as he hears his name his head shoots straight up in the air.  Usually that is followed by an excited whinny or a flailing Henry coming at me at full speed!










I sure love my crew!  Thanks Amanda for the fun blog hop :)


















24 comments:

  1. Love it! Your crew is pretty darn adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. We're lucky to have them, but they are also lucky to have you. You clearly love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tolerate their overbearing human because she provides carrots :P

      Delete
  3. Love this! And all the sweet things you said about them! Apollo really is an amazing picture poser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is such a poser haha :)

      Delete
  4. Aww! What a bunch of cuties you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics!! You have a nice little herd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love those weirdos :)

      Delete
  6. OMG i just want to kiss Apollos sweet fluffy face!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He's such a cute fluffball :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so, I'm a bit biased :P

      Delete
  8. aww you have such sweet ponies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post!
    Rio likes having his legs brushed. Unfortunately he takes it too far, and does inappropriate things while I brush said legs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Scandalous! Apollo gets a bit "excited" too if I brush his hind legs for too long haha

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful horse family you have! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a glorious tail on your girl! If those photos aren't doing it justice, it must be absolutely magnificent... Your whole crew is so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her tail could have it's own blog haha :)

      Delete