_

_

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

From the Husband

My husband, Todd, is a huge supporter of me being a horse nerd.  He has his own hobbies that he does too, so he isn't physically at the barn very often but he will always help me if I need it.

He had pretty much zero horse knowledge when we started dating but has picked up a lot of things along the way.  He sometimes drops these random thoughts about horse-related things that are usually spot-on or hilarious.




On the Eventing 101 clinic:

"Everyone else looked like they were having fun.  You looked like you were having a root canal."

Yeah OK, I take things a bit seriously.

"Mystic doesn't seem like the right kind of horse for this.  Henry seems more athletic and open to doing weird things. Why don't you make him do this instead?"

Fair enough.

"I started to run over to you after you got bucked off, but your mom told me not you.  She said you might yell at me."

Accurate.





On Apollo's trail ride last year (after trailer loading issues previously):

"It's good you broke his spirit first by making him ride in that tiny trailer."

Because Apollo was humiliated to ride in a tiny trailer for some reason.

"Apollo was good.  That other horse was afraid of nothing, for no reason.  What a douche bag."

Well...



On riding in general:

"Seems easy enough, you just stay on.  I don't really get why people take lessons."

*sobs*

"You should give other people riding lessons.  You seem to know how to stay on."

Sure.... thanks.




Once Apollo is going a bit better Todd will be riding more, I'm looking forward to a few more quotable moments!






29 comments:

  1. I love the gems that come out of non horsey people. It sounds like he is a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the husband comments. They are so funny and often strangely accurate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! The non-horsey perspective can be very valuable/humorous. :P

      Delete
  3. So funny! My hubby is non-horsey too, the questions he asks/things he notices crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Gotta love the husband perspective haha

      Delete
  4. Omg. So cute! And that first picture, such a good looking crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHA I needed a good laugh! Some very astute observations in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You should give other people riding lessons. You seem to know how to stay on."
    This killed me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The best one for sure!

      Delete
    2. Hahah yeah, not doing so well on that one lately! XD

      Delete
  7. Haha, horse husbands say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha. Some excellent quotes here. "You just stay on." You should make him ride and see how easy he thinks it is then. Of course, guys seem to find riding much easier than women, so he'd probably be just fine and dandy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just that easy, right? I think he might change his tune with a bit more riding haha

      Delete
  9. Sounds like he's got the whole riding and observing horses training issues covered! Can't wait til he starts riding and becomes a trainer because he can stay on...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep he's got it all figured out ;)

      Delete
  10. You husband is hilarious and sounds like a keeper!☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny! I look forward to hearing how "Just staying on" goes for hubs when he starts riding Apollo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. His comments are so funny! And that last picture is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's the comic relief! Thanks :)

      Delete
  13. Husband quotes are the best, haha. I am so lucky that mine came to lessons earlier in our relationship when we were both less busy -- now he can give good pep talks with the phrases my trainer says to me over and over... it's actually kind of funny! He tells me "Eyes up, leg on" before I go into the show ring every time, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I hope I'll get work up to pep talks eventually :)

      Delete