_

_

Saturday, 13 August 2016

August 10 Questions

Where has August gone?!  I have lots of things to report, and many half written posts in my drafts folder.  Thanks L. for these questions to get me back into the groove :)

For example... Henry is back to work! 

 

1. What is your biggest source of caffeine that gets you through the day? (drink, not just brand)  I have just given up for the millionth time my energy drink habit.  I would easily have two a day (usually red bull, NOS or full throttle).  Now it's just coffee for me :)



2. Do you honestly think your trainer is the best trainer for you?  Yes. I have learned so many valuable lessons from all my coaches over the years (even the shitty ones).  Coach D is exactly who I've needed this past year.  She has been very patient with me and kind to my horses.  I will likely always take lessons from more than one instructor, just to work on different skill sets/have variety but she will always have a special place with me and my herd.

3. One token of advice a fellow rider/trainer/horse person told you that you still remember to this day?  Listen to your horse.

I also LOVE this: 

 


4. If riding meant costing your family so much money that they'd basically be on the poverty line, or making your family terribly unhappy (if they were not supportive or understanding etc) would you still do it?  Maybe I'm a terrible person, but yeah I would! 

5. (Girls) would you ride while pregnant?  I have given this some thought.  I kind of waffle on it.  I feel like riding for the first month or two isn't a big deal. I just don't know if I could live with the guilt if something did happen...  Undecided!  Not currently a concern.

6.  How do you tell when a horse likes someone/has bonded with you or someone else?  They're all a bit different but they are all suckers for food, their affection is easily earned!  XD


7.  Are horses capable of loving, in your opinion?  I'd like to think so, but I don't know.  I'm happy enough if they associate me with positive things (carrots/brushing) and will walk over to me/whinny when they see me.  That's enough for me!

8. If you could have one horse from your past come back for 5 minutes, who would it be, why, and what would you do with them in those 5 minutes? Blue! I think about this way more than I should.  I would take him for one last gallop across the hay field, do a tiny jump and spend the remaining moments hugging his neck. Damn I miss that horse *eyes currently full of tears*


9. Should a trainer also be a friend, or should it be a student/teacher relationship?  This is a great question!  When I was younger I think I really wanted to be friends with my trainers.  Now if a friendship develops then great - if not, all good!  I do have a few friends who also teach, and I think it might make our relationships a bit weird if they taught me - but I'm open to the idea.

10.  One piece of advise/training you were given by a trainer or mentor that you look back on now and view it as incorrect?  Cartoonish see-saw dressage hands.  *shame*

Now to work on finishing the rest of my posts :)

4 comments:

  1. Love 3 and the picture. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing! Yeah August is just zooming by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me something to get my blog brain rolling again! It really is :)

      Delete