_

_

Thursday, 15 September 2016

Five Good Things

I don't have anything super exciting going on with my horses right now (which I am grateful for, boring is good).  But I do have five pieces of good news to share!


1)  I have been running again.  Finally.  I have been trying to re-catch the running bug for what feels like years.  And I feel like I have it again.  Running is so good for my mental and physical health so I'm super happy about this!


2) I bought Mystic a western saddle.  I wasn't super happy with how her english saddle was fitting.  I still want to get a dressage saddle for her but I thought a western might be comfier on the trail.  It should arrive next week sometime.  I hope that possibly Apollo can share it.... but we'll see.  Fingers crossed it's a good fit!

Here it is! Nothing fancy but should do the trick :)



3) I have two days off!  I've been working a ton at my part-time job and I have tomorrow and Sunday completely off.  It is nice to work more at my part-time job ($$ & pretty much getting paid to sit at a desk and read blogs) but it will be way more fun to sleep in and hang out with the horses all day. :)


4) I'm dying my hair back to the natural color!  I am so so so sick of the purple but I haven't been able to afford to get it fixed at the salon until now.

So long grape head



5) I have a fun blog contest/giveaway planned that I will announce shortly!  One of my many harebrained ideas I had while driving.

25 comments:

  1. I've been trying to catch the running bug for year. I think I may be impervious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a really long time to get it back. Sometimes running just sucks!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your running bug back. I haven't run since high school on the relay team. Can't say that I miss it, I'd rather walk! Hope the saddle is a good fit. Enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Walking is also good, not quite as hard too! :)

      Delete
  3. Woohoo western saddle! I got mine last year and love it, it fits both of my (totally different shaped) horses with 2 different pads, hope you can do the same w/ Apollo and Mystic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping it will work, the price was right so I decided to go for it! :)

      Delete
  4. I need to catch the running bug...I've got about 8 pounds that I keep loosing & gaining back dang it. That's a cute saddle, hope it works on all the ponies :) also yay for weekends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes I just typed that comment while eating taco bell :/

      Delete
    2. Hahaha that's awesome (about eating at taco bell)! I am the same way, I have a yo-yo of 5-10 lbs that keeps leaving and then returning...hopefully my running bug will chase it off for good.

      Delete
  5. I get the best ideas while driving :) Glad things are good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Such random things pop into my brain :)

      Delete
  6. I'm hoping to get back to running soon too. I've downloaded the couch to 5K app again to completely start anew.
    Sounds like great things happening with you and the pones! I like the purple, but I can see where you might get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice, I should try that app too! Yeah I loved the purple for quite a while too, but the maintenance and weird fading I did not :(

      Delete
  7. I need to get running again. I'm a slacker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard work! I haven't been able to get back into the groove for years!

      Delete
  8. Love all of this! I started running again this spring! I was surprised how long it took to feel good, and easy, even at 2-3 miles, but it has and makes me so happy! I like the purple hair... but we know how I feel about purple <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not at the easy phase yet at all, but I'm really enjoying it again... so that's a huge win. Will just slowly let my mileage creep up and hope my legs don't notice haha! Yeah purple is my favorite! I will sort of miss the hair but it was a lot of work :(

      Delete
  9. You can't beat a round skirt little western saddle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for the things! Also, that saddle is actually kinda cute - hope it's super comfy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not hideous! I hope it will fit someone in the herd haha :)

      Delete
  11. I haven't run in a couple weeks now I really need to get back into it. Also yay contest/giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to get back into the groove, moving probably doesn't help! I hope it's a fun contest/giveaway ;)

      Delete
  12. Ugh, I really need to get on the workout train...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard sometimes :( I have weeks where I do awesome and weeks where I completely suck

      Delete