_

_

Monday, 3 October 2016

October Goals

I've been having an absolute blast with Mystic on the trail.  I don't blog about it much as I don't have much else to say other than "Yay trail riding!" and "I love my mare!".  I included a few between the ears shot of Mystic and some post-rides photos in this post.  :)



We rode over 6kms today! 



I also took my baseline for two-pointober on yesterday morning on Mystic (riding in a ditch in my typical fashion - rubber boots).  I thought I could do better but I this is just the starting point I guess!

Two-Pointober Baseline:








Two-Pointober Goal: 20 mins +

If you want more info check out 'Fraidy Cat Eventing and Enter A Spooking!





I've made a few goals for October they are mostly for myself, but of course they include the horses too. :)



1)  Track calories every day on myfitnesspal. 
2)  Plan workouts/rides/runs on Sundays for the rest of week (and stick to the schedule!).
3)  I feel like Henry and I are ready to canter, so I hope we can accomplish that in one of our ST lessons this month.
4)  I want to ride Apollo bareback again this month (after all of our mounting block issues). 
5)  Have nice photos taken with Mystic!  
6)  Reach 20 minutes in two-pointober


<3!


I'm keeping the goals pretty simple as I'm working a fair bit this coming month.  But that means more blogging as I sit alone at a reception desk for a lot of nights!


18 comments:

  1. I've been trying to two point in a dressage saddle at the walk and I would be ecstatic to have your two minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two point is super hard in a dressage saddle! You should get extra points for that haha :)

      Delete
  2. Yay trail riding!

    Those sound like good goals. You should check out the app "Lose It!" for calorie tracking. I used myfitnesspal in the past and I found it cumbersome with limited ways to measure portion sizes etc. so I didn't keep up with the tracking. A couple months ago my friend told me about Lose It and I find it way more user friendly, I'm up to 9 weeks of tracking now and going strong. (I don't work for Lose It or anything, just genuinely find it better)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks for the recommendation! I will check that out. I don't love MFP, I just need something to keep me a bit more accountable/aware... my riding breeches just keep getting tighter haha!

      Delete
  3. Sound like great goals! I'm so happy you and Mystic are having fun together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is such a bad ass on the trail :D

      Delete
  4. Hi there!

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting an equestrian blogger contest and you've been nominated!

    Here's the post with the details: http://horsehack.com/2016/09/27/horsehacks-equestrian-blogger-contest/#more-1400

    Since it just started today, there are a few other posts with info for it on my site.

    Let me know if you accept the nomination, I hope you do!! (please e-mail me at info@horsehack.com to accept)

    Don't forget to spread the word about it! :)

    Thanks,
    Aryelle Stafford
    HorseHack.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I feel like Mystic kind of poses for photos!

      Delete
  6. Woo 20 min - you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you do that has you sitting at a reception desk at night? If I may ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a receptionist at a gym! I fold towels but mostly just sit there and make sure people sign in :)

      Delete
  8. Great goals! You're gonna be busy =) I've also jumped back on the fitness train this month. I'm doing HIIT based workouts every morning. I rock climb, mountain bike, ride, and am generally stupid busy, but I'm still not in great shape. Time to get to it! I bet you'll totally rock your 20 minute goal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it will be busy for sure! My big struggle is trying to juggle the whole multiple jobs and multiple horses thing. Sometimes I am too tired to get much done, but I do my best!

      Delete