_

_

Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Unplanned/Unplugged Weekend (plus Between the Ears Contest Update)

Last weekend I was house sitting at the property that Mystic lives at.  I planned to spend every waking moment with my pony (and brought two books to read when it got dark out).  I was also hoping to catch up on a bit of blog reading/writing.




Unfortunately I couldn't get any kind of reliable internet or cell reception all weekend, so blog reading/writing was pretty much out.  Even just being out there killed my phone's battery as it tried to find reception.

As for pony time... that was kind of a fail.  I was on the tail end of a cold when I got there and for some reason being away from all the fun distractions texting, instagram etc made me realize that I completely exhausted.  I had zero energy at all.  I did manage a quick ride on Sunday morning before I left. 

Got to hang out with this pup though! 

 

Apparently I am not juggling the three horses and two jobs thing as well as I thought.  I don't think normal people can sleep for 12 hours.




Definitely going to be adding some more time in my schedule for relaxation and extra sleep, as I apparently need that quite desperately!

So as I wasn't able to get a reminder up about the Between the Ears submission deadline, I've decided to extend the date for ear submission photos to this Friday at midnight (October 21).  I've gotten quite a few submissions so far and I think it's going to be super fun!  Link here for more info on submitting if you haven't done so yet!  Contest starts next Monday!

I also have two pretty cool prizes lined up.  Here's a sneak peak of one of them from Riders for Well Being. :)







18 comments:

  1. So jelly of that sleep time -- my Fitbit sleep record always look like a computer when it's being defragmented haha. Lots of red and light blue, not so much of the dark blue! But sounds like you needed some time to recharge, and that pup is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was coma-like sleep I think haha! Definitely needed it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, extended sleep is so wonderful and important. I find that I need a night like that at least every two weeks to feel at my best. I'm glad you were able to get some obviously well needed sleep. It will give you more energy for pony time on other days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my batteries are all charged up now and I won't need so much sleep this coming weekend haha :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not too bad! Wish I got more pony time tho :(

      Delete
  4. Oh man I really want to sleep 12 hours but I'll take 9. Sweet Prizes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 9 is also pretty decent! :) Yes I'm very excited about the t-shirts!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a relaxing weekend and it sounds like you needed it!!! It's really hard and I completely understand (working a hectic job with 4 horses) I'm lucky if i get 6 Hrs of sleep a night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I am barely managing three...I can't imagine 4! 6 hours is closer to my usual sleep amount too :)

      Delete
  6. Hey, if you can be afforded the chance to sleep for 12 hours, by all means, take it! Sounds like a nice relaxing time away. Just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I needed it for sure! Just wish I got more pony time in :(

      Delete
  7. Such a cute puppy. I can very easily sleep for 12 hours. I dod it every weekend if I don't have a horse event. I wasn't sure how to send you a between the ears shot that wasn't 100% the most easy one to guess, but I may have a solution and I'll try to send it in before Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it anyway! Some of them are actually pretty tricky, we need some easier ones :P

      Delete
  8. Adorable pup! I'd take 7-8 hours of sleep for just one night! Good luck with your contest. Sorry I won't be able to participate but I've got no time to ride right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7-8 would be nice too, that's more than I usually get... for some reason I had that random sleep marathon! You can still play at guessing for the contest :)

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete