_

_

Monday, 21 November 2016

November 10 Questions!

Thanks to the lovely L. Williams of Viva Carlos for these 10 questions :)  I also included some random old pictures of me and Apollo that I found.




How old is the youngest/greenest horse you’ve ridden?  Hmm… I remember riding this horse I think was either 2 or 3 years old at a riding camp once.  His name was Patrick and he was pretty much a unicorn (with a flaxen mane and tail).  I rode both of my young horses shortly before they turned 4.   



How old is the oldest horse you’ve ridden? My family’s first horse, Deputy, was pretty old!  We were told he was 18 when we bought him but when we had a vet do some dental work a few weeks later they said he was somewhere between 21 and 23… #firsttimehorsebuyerprobs 

My family rode him for about five years, so he was likely mid to late twenties for my last couple of rides. 



Were you scared of horses when you first started riding? Yes.  I have always been a big baby.  


Would you say you’re a more nervous rider or a confident rider?
 See previous question haha!



Biggest pet peeve about non-horse people around horses?  I really hate it when people put their hands out flat up to my horses mouths (but with no food).  So when my horses lick their hand or try to feel with their lips for a snack… the non-horses people get all put off. YEAH MAYBE DON’T PUT YOUR HAND ON HIS FUCKING MOUTH FOR NO REASON THEN.


Not that I have rage issues or anything.


A time you’ve been scared for your life?  I was very scared when I was 7/8 ish years old and the horse I was riding, Cricket, took off for home across a hay field.  I was riding with my dad and I remember reaching back towards him and screaming HEELLLLPPPP.  
Also this recent ride, where Mystic and I were pretty close to getting hit by a van doing 80 km/hr.  That was not a good time.


Have you ever fallen off at show? What happened? I have not!  Probably because I’ve done like 4 shows in my entire life.  



What’s a breed of horse you’ve never ridden but would like to ride? Lipizzaner please :)

Describe the worst behaved horse you’ve ridden?  
I don’t really enjoy riding super hot horses that are constantly jigging and can’t be still.  Any horse like that is automatically in the no pile for me. 

My draft-cross I rode in my early to mid-teens, Rusty, was a pretty big turd.  He would buck me off from a walk and jump out of the arena.  I can see a buck or crowhop during a canter transition or a moment of off-balance (he did that too) but I honestly feel like he would wait until I wasn’t paying attention and then would explode.  Very bad.  Zero fun.



The most frustrating ride you’ve ever had? 
  This one was pretty bad.  And pretty scary.




I have loved reading everyone's answers in this hop!  :)

16 comments:

  1. Rusty sounds like a jerk! I hate horses like that. I've ridden few, although thankfully haven't owned any of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was not a fun guy for me to ride. But maybe there were other things going on (saddle fit etc). I'm glad I don't have to ride any like that now, that's for sure haha :)

      Delete
  2. Rusty sounds like a real turd nugget!
    I love that picture of Apollos sleeping in his very clean blanket. I just want to snuggle in with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was for sure! Apollo really sleeps hard, I can't wake him up haha (I honestly suspect he is at least a little bit deaf!)

      Delete
  3. I like when horses lick my hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Some people go all weird about it

      Delete
  4. Wow, Rusty sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a more polite word than I usually use hahah :P

      Delete
  5. Horse tongues are the best.

    Also, I lol'ed the rage issue comment. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Yeah I have a small problem :P

      Delete
  6. Bwahaha - my favorite part is your pet peeve. Mine is really similar - it's when kids do exactly what you describe and then get all wide-eyed and go "he bit me!". He didn't bite you. If he bit you, you'd be crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly!!! Ugh kids can be the literal worst.

      Delete