_

_

Thursday, 17 November 2016

TRM BlogHop: Henry Edition

Thanks Cathryn for the great excuse to go through all my old pics!

Henry came to me in December 2012, as an underweight and incredibly wormy 6 month old colt.  He did not do very well for his first two winters but after finding a fabulous nutritionist in early 2014 he doesn't look like a disgusting skeleton in the winters anymore!  He's a May 2012 baby, just for age reference in these many photos I'm about to dump on you.



This bloghop is very timely as November 9, 2012 I sent an e-transfer to a stranger for this dude.  Which means I have now owned him for 4 years!

Original Lot Shot, this was all the info I had on Henry when I paid for him in November 2012






December 2012 Henry comes home and lets my husband halter break him 





This is my cell phone background <3




February/March 2013 Henry comes home to Apollo's barn








Summer 2013 



September 2013





Winter 2013 Weird fuzzball... not wintering well :(   Even after moving to a new barn to live with other babies and get lots of hay.






February 2014 I am not exaggerating when I said this horse does not winter well... This is coming out of his second winter, and he looks terrible.  Thank the lord we finally found a nutritionist to help him.  I had two vets check him for diseases/worms in the 2013/2014 winter and you can see why.









June 2014 (thanks nutritionist!)










Late summer 2014









February 2015 Henry = special








March 2015 Chillin' like a villain (and finally shedding out his winter coat like a normal horse)






March 2015 Very muddy :|





May 2015 Shed out and looking more horse-like







July & August 2015 Growing!








September 2015 Henry loves Todd






March 2016 My first ride on Henry!








Late Spring/Early Summer 2016










Fall 2016



Four years of Henry! <3  I love this weird horse so much.


27 comments:

  1. WOW!! That is some transformation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He's a grown up horse now :)

      Delete
  2. Just out of curiosity, what changes did the nutritionist make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to know too. Great transformation :)

      Delete
    2. Henry has been on a probiotic (equine choice) ever since I found that nutritionist and it's really helped him. He also gets aloe vera juice and extra salt with his grain. I usually add an omega3 oil to his grain in the winters too. Nothing super interesting but it's sure made a huge difference to him!

      Delete
  3. Now that's a transformation. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's cool to see all the pictures in a row like that haha

      Delete
  4. Look at what a handsome big boy he's turning into! You've done a great job raising him <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! <3 I sure love him.

      Delete
  5. So awesome to see! He looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's a grown up gentleman now :)

      Delete
  6. So fun to see from baby to now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cool for me to see all the pictures lined up like that! :)

      Delete
  7. Such a transformation. You have done such wonderful things with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! He's a great partner :)

      Delete
  8. He's growing up so handsome! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm excited to see him next summer, he's growing and filling out a lot right now :)

      Delete
  9. Loved seeing your journey through pictures!! Hes come so far and looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its neat for me to see them all lined up like that! He's a grown up now :)

      Delete
  10. Looking like a proper riding horse now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Where has the time gone! :)

      Delete
  11. What a pretty boy he's turned into!

    ReplyDelete