As previously mentioned, I’m very hopeful that 2017 is the year I will be purchasing an acreage with my husband (and living my childhood dream-!!). This is a two-step process:
1) Sell condo (it will be listed in March or April)
2) Buy acreage
I was really tempted to have “buy acreage” as my only goal for 2017. And it’s definitely my top priority. But there are a lot of things that I can’t control about selling/buying real estate and I don’t want to drive myself insane.
Have not yet mentioned on the blog that I got new helmet for x-mas yay! No more bowling ball head in 2017
After I decided to expand my 2017 goals outside of “buy acreage” I thought maybe I’d make some small easy goals. Just some easy things to keep my mind distracted from my acreage plans.
And then I thought… f* it. I’m going big this year. So here I present my 2017 goals. :)
1) Read 2 books a month.
2) Ride in at least one event/horse trial.
3) Buy a horse trailer.
4) Run a 10K road race.
5) Blog twice a week.
6) Mostly tech-free Sundays (no social networking websites/blogs but ok to respond to texts).
7) Continue to improve credit score, I would like to see a 50+ point improvement in 2017.
8) Plan regular date nights (once a week) with my husband.
9) Make more regular plans with friends and family (at least once every two weeks).
10) Devote at least 30 minutes to scheduling/planning on Sundays (for the rest of the week).
11) Walk dogs in the morning (before work during the week).
12) Take dance lessons with my husband.
13) Be more open to sharing my horses with other people.
14) Commemorate 10 year horse-aversary with Apollo in a big way!
15) Wear my hair down at least three days a week.
16) Make monthly goals (except for January which is almost halfway over!).
1) Find dressage saddle/nearby dressage coach.
2) Continue to be the best trail pony in the world.
Stretch Goal: compete in a dressage schooling show, ie West Calgary Dressage in August 2017.
1) Find a saddle that fits.
2) Solid W/T/C and jumping over tiny courses.
Stretch Goal: compete in Spruce Meadows Oktoberfest (in the 0.5m classes) in October 2017.
1) Stay sound and not round (LOL).
2) Continue lessons with Coach D, as much as budget permits (preferably once a week if possible).
Stretch Goal: become a proper husband horse!
Dryer cat says hello
As you may have noticed I didn’t specify which horse I wanted to complete my event goal with this year. That’s because I have no idea which one – post on this to follow shortly. :)
This is going to be a great year! I’m really excited to kick some ass in 2017!