_

_

Saturday, 14 January 2017

A Big Year

As previously mentioned, I’m very hopeful that 2017 is the year I will be purchasing an acreage with my husband (and living my childhood dream-!!).  This is a two-step process:


1)      Sell condo (it will be listed in March or April)
2)      Buy acreage

I was really tempted to have “buy acreage” as my only goal for 2017.  And it’s definitely my top priority.  But there are a lot of things that I can’t control about selling/buying real estate and I don’t want to drive myself insane. 



Have not yet mentioned on the blog that I got new helmet for x-mas yay! No more bowling ball head in 2017




After I decided to expand my 2017 goals outside of “buy acreage” I thought maybe I’d make some small easy goals.  Just some easy things to keep my mind distracted from my acreage plans.



And then I thought… f* it.  I’m going big this year.  So here I present my 2017 goals. :)



Kate Goals


1)      Read 2 books a month.
2)      Ride in at least one event/horse trial.
3)      Buy a horse trailer.
4)      Run a 10K road race.
5)      Blog twice a week.
6)      Mostly tech-free Sundays (no social networking websites/blogs but ok to respond to texts).
7)      Continue to improve credit score, I would like to see a 50+ point improvement in 2017.
8)      Plan regular date nights (once a week) with my husband.
9)      Make more regular plans with friends and family (at least once every two weeks).
10)     Devote at least 30 minutes to scheduling/planning on Sundays (for the rest of the week).
11)    Walk dogs in the morning (before work during the week).
12)    Take dance lessons with my husband.
13)    Be more open to sharing my horses with other people.
14)    Commemorate 10 year horse-aversary with Apollo in a big way! 
15)    Wear my hair down at least three days a week. 
16)    Make monthly goals (except for January which is almost halfway over!).






Mystic Goals




1)      Find dressage saddle/nearby dressage coach.
2)      Continue to be the best trail pony in the world.

Stretch Goal: compete in a dressage schooling show, ie West Calgary Dressage in August 2017.






Henry Goals




1)      Find a saddle that fits.
2)      Solid W/T/C and jumping over tiny courses.

Stretch Goal: compete in Spruce Meadows Oktoberfest (in the 0.5m classes) in October 2017.






Apollo Goals




1)      Stay sound and not round (LOL).
2)      Continue lessons with Coach D, as much as budget permits (preferably once a week if possible).

Stretch Goal: become a proper husband horse!



Dryer cat says hello





As you may have noticed I didn’t specify which horse I wanted to complete my event goal with this year.  That’s because I have no idea which one – post on this to follow shortly. :)


This is going to be a great year!  I’m really excited to kick some ass in 2017!


44 comments:

  1. Excellent list of goals! I hope that you accomplish them all, and have a fantastic year along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lot of things on the to-do list this year :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought so! We'll see how it goes ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Should be a great year! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice helmet :) Sounds like a fun & busy year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much, I feel so fancy in it haha! Yes it's gonna be a busy one for sure :)

      Delete
  5. Great goals and good luck with real estate sales and buying your own place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sure hope the real estate goals are easy peasy. :)

      Delete
  6. Ha I love it! Lots of big ambitions but you can totally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so, worth a try anyway :)

      Delete
  7. Hell yes. Love all of your goals. I hope you kick ass this year and conquer all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping to kick some ass this year for sure! :D

      Delete
  8. Good luck on finding your acerage! (Wear hair down at least three times per week--real life struggle for me too, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, fingers crossed! Wearing my hair down is a struggle, for some reason styling my hair seems like a lot of effort to me haha XD

      Delete
  9. Stay sound and not round is also my personal goal this year. The struggle is real. That's an awesome list overall though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! Lots on the to-do list this year haha :)

      Delete
  10. Go you!! These are some really good goals. All the best for 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list!! Go get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your goals are inspiring. I would give anything to have my own little plot of acreage for a horse (or two or three). Good for you. Also, I saw a very cool reading challenge at a local independent bookstore. I won't retype the whole list (and bore you) but it has a checklist of books for 2017. Read: a book set in the wilderness, a book by multiple authors, a novel set during wartime, a book of letters, a book about an immigrant or refugee, a book that takes place over the character's life span, etc., etc. I thought it was cool but got overwhelmed. I could possibly attempt this with Audible, but not an actual book to hold in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a cool reading challenge! My big struggle right now is that I read before bed and I can't stay up for very long, working on going to bed a bit earlier haha. :)

      Delete
  13. That's a pretty epic list of goals. I wish you all the luck with your 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2017 is going to be your year! Also, I love the new helmet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay goals! Please blog about the bringing horses home experience... it's my dream (probably for 2018) and I'd love to read about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will, will also probably do a series about the property shopping too. That should be interesting too! I don't have a huge budget but I'm incredibly picky...will be tricky!

      Delete
  16. Great list of goals, good luck with them, especially acreage!!

    I love the West Calgary Dressage Show! I've been there three years now, but so far each year just as a spectator/helper, I really hope this is the year where things align so I can actually bring my horse and compete (in 2014 I was horseless, in 2015 I entered but Kachina came up lame, in 2016 we developed an issue with correct leads right before entries were due). Hopefully I will see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much!

      That's so awesome. I've gone and watched a few times and I'd love to compete! I can at least come and take pics for you if I'm not riding :D

      Delete
  17. Exciting things ahead all around! The Samshield looks great on you! I love mine, hope you're loving yours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thanks I love it so much, I feel fancy when I wear it haha :)

      Delete
  18. Ooh, a Samshield! Pretty! Also, I think your goals are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Should be an exciting year :D

      Delete