_

_

Monday, 13 February 2017

Weekend Wins

I had an epic weekend!  I will elaborate with more details on these four exciting developments in further posts but for now I present the Coles notes of an awesome weekend. :)

I found Henry a saddle! 

 <3
 



And then in our new saddle Henry and I had our first ever canter together!  (10 whole strides #whatsup)


 #burrosbeforehoes
 



I rode Apollo bareback for the first time since my two falls in the summer.  We cantered and had way too much fun.






I had an awesome (although slightly cold) trail ride on Mystic.  We got hit by what I can only describe as two "snow tornados" and my bad ass mare didn't flinch. 



No pictures of snownado ride... but this is my sassy dog ignoring me...in snow



So yeah even though I was in a boring training course for work today I was still smiling pretty big!

Anyone else have a great weekend?

25 comments:

  1. Oooh! Look at that saddle! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome :) yay for the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an epic weekend! The mental image I formed of snow tornadoes made me laugh a little. I spent my entire weekend outside doing "horsey" things and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had a great horsey weekend too! Snownados hurt my face a lot, lucky my mare didn't give a crap haha

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new saddle! Snow tornadoes sound terrifying though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so happy to have stirrups! They are... and they hurt too!

      Delete
  5. Psh whole 10 strides is definitely something to be happy about! And sounds like a super productive weekend all around (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a much bigger canter than I expected! It was an awesome weekend for sure :)

      Delete
  6. Yay! Can't wait to hear more details. Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good weekend! I got sick so I haven't been writing any more details yet haha

      Delete
  7. What a great news!!! So happy you find the right saddle!!! What a great weekend:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHH Beautiful photos! I love the snow. Congrats on the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am so happy to have stirrups again :)

      Delete
  9. Ohhhh!!!! So many great things! I need to hear more about Henry's cantering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a happy weekend! He is such a good egg. Should have a cantering related post out tomorrow ;)

      Delete