Just a couple of weirdos
Here are a few of the highlights over the past two months:
- We rode in the arena with other horses for the first time. One of them was a stud (who is in love with Henry and thinks Henry is a lady horse). The other started bucking as soon as the rider mounted up. Henry gave zero fucks. Although he was thought it was super fun when all three horse/rider teams were trotting around, but his brain was still accessible.
- We had our first hack of 2017. I haven't ridden him outside in ages (mostly because no saddle, but the footing was not ideal either). We started off on the front lawn to remind ourselves that cars and cyclists were still a-ok. He didn't care at all. We crossed the road over into the hay field and he was mostly sensible there too. Such a great way to start off hack #1 for the year!
- I let my friend ride him and he was a very good boy for her.
- He is continuing to improve at the canter (correct leads usually, flying changes if not - FTW). He's also doing a lot better about going forward in general. Sometimes maybe a little too forward, but we can work with that!
- I've been jumping a few small crossrails on my own and he has been such a good sport about it.
It goes without saying that I am thrilled with Henry. We have a lot of fun together and I feel so brave when I ride him!
My heart is pretty much exploding with joy and I don't know how to put it into words any better than that :P
Happy Easter everyone! Strap on your feedbag like Mr. H :)