_

_

Saturday, 15 April 2017

Henry = Awesome

So I have a lot of things to catch up with for Henry (and really all my herd but Henry has been doing the most neat/new stuff).  

Just a couple of weirdos





Here are a few of the highlights over the past two months:

- We rode in the arena with other horses for the first time.  One of them was a stud (who is in love with Henry and thinks Henry is a lady horse).  The other started bucking as soon as the rider mounted up.  Henry gave zero fucks.  Although he was thought it was super fun when all three horse/rider teams were trotting around, but his brain was still accessible.  




- We had our first hack of 2017.  I haven't ridden him outside in ages (mostly because no saddle, but the footing was not ideal either).  We started off on the front lawn to remind ourselves that cars and cyclists were still a-ok.  He didn't care at all.  We crossed the road over into the hay field and he was mostly sensible there too.  Such a great way to start off hack #1 for the year!


#survived



- I let my friend ride him and he was a very good boy for her. 




- He is continuing to improve at the canter (correct leads usually, flying changes if not - FTW).  He's also doing a lot better about going forward in general.  Sometimes maybe a little too forward, but we can work with that!



#canadianwarmblood



- I've been jumping a few small crossrails on my own and he has been such a good sport about it.  


It goes without saying that I am thrilled with Henry.  We have a lot of fun together and I feel so brave when I ride him! 


My heart is pretty much exploding with joy and I don't know how to put it into words any better than that :P


Happy Easter everyone!  Strap on your feedbag like Mr. H :)





36 comments:

  1. Go Henry!!! I'm glad you are having fun with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's turned out to be such a good pony :)

      Delete
  2. I love everything about this :) Good Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice update. I'm glad that you are having such fun with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like such a great horse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty darn sensible for a baby warmblood ;)

      Delete
  5. Good boy, Henry! I'm glad that you're having so much fun with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update on Henry. He's such a great horse. You've really been progressing with him and more importantly having fun. Yeah for you and Henry! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's been great! I don't think I've ever had this much fun!

      Delete
  7. That's so awesome! Sounds like you found a really good egg. I love your "Canadian Warmblood" shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a good egg! Hahaha yeah he really did not enjoy that

      Delete
  8. Really glad you two are having a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! I love this post! I think you found your hear horse. Not only that, but you're making him up pretty much all on your own. Definitely something special <3
    So glad to hear things are going so well for you two! (And that "Canadian Warmblood" photo killed me! Hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a sensible baby peanut! I am really glad I didn't sell him :)

      Delete
  10. :-) I'm so glad you are enjoying him so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Been a long time since I had this much fun :)

      Delete
  11. He's SUCH a cutie, so glad you are doing lots of exciting things with him!

    ReplyDelete