_

_

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Henry Has Hops


My riding/lesson schedule has not been very consistent recently, between going out of town and keeping my house in showing-ready condition it has been a pretty exhausting month.  The rides I have been able to squeeze in have been great.


GTFO elbows/wrists, but nice form H :)



This next month should be much calmer and I have lots of fun adventures planned for Henry!  I’m also hoping to do two lessons on any weekends that ST is able to.

I was trying really hard to do a post after each of Henry’s lessons but I have now fallen behind!  I’m not even sure what number we are at exactly but I’m going to guess 10/11 were the last two.  Since that was a while ago now I have pretty short notes because of a short memory!   I had to share some cute photos and videos from Lesson 11 though. 



Adorable horse loaf


 
Lesson 10

We rode inside.  We jumped the biggest jump I have jumped since I was in my teens.  Which is maybe 2'3"/2'6" at the most but still.  Henry trotted up to it and sailed over no problem.  I really regret not asking ST to take a photo or video for me L
 

Lesson 11

My most recent lesson (which was like May 6th, kinda sad…).  Henry and I jumped our first little course outside.  He was an absolute champ and I had the most fun ever.   


Little video (where the top photo is a still frame from)




We jumped all of these!!! (and a few other crossrails too)






Our Lesson 12 was supposed to be out on the XC course last weekend but that had to be rescheduled as the course has not yet opened. 

Perhaps our plans for Lesson 12 provides a clue for one of my groundhog goals actually getting accomplished this year… ;)

24 comments:

  1. Whoo! XC! I'm exited to hear how Henry does :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had to re-schedule it for now but I know he will do great :) Homeboy has hops!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're having so much fun with Henry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a good egg! I feel like we're a pretty good match most days :)

      Delete
  3. The best horse loaf, Henry is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! Feeling a bit braver these days :)

      Delete
  5. Way to go! Henry looks like such a sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job he looks like he's coming along really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a good dude! I'm just trying not to bungle it haha :)

      Delete
  7. Good for you and Henry. He looks great. Have lots of fun with your lessons. I love jumping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love jumping a lot more now than I ever have!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like yall are learning lots and having a ton of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally are! Wish I had more time in the saddle lately

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited for you two! I think Henry needs a fan club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :D Although it may have less members after the weekend haha

      Delete